Re: [Elecraft_K3] OT Yamaha CM500

Dale J. <dj2001x@...>

Thanks Tom, I'll have a look.

Dale, k9vuj

On 19, Dec 2013, at 15:46, tom armour <wa4ta@...> wrote:

Turtle Beach has replacement cushions for about $2 each. And some are the nicer ones that are made of cloth, not the plastic coated stuff. I find the standard cushion that comes with most headsets end up flaking black pieces of plastic after a few years. Just find one that is near the size of your headset. Most cushions are loosely fit in place.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/parts/ear-cushions

73 - Tom -wa4ta

To: Elecraft_K3@...
From: dj2001x@...
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:31:12 -0600
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] OT Yamaha CM500

I don't believe those pads are designed to be replaced. The CM500 is a very nice headset for the money, but it is a throw away if you have problems. There may be a way to retrofit another set of pads if you can find some that somewhat fit.

If you find some please post it as I would like to have a spare set.

Dale, k9vuj

On 19, Dec 2013, at 15:11, Bill Hammond <wham727@...> wrote:

Hi Keith,
I have not tried this but there is a Yamaha Service portal where you can inquire about parts. It is here:
https://www.yamaha24x7.com/YamahaOMS/FooterPages/contact.aspx

I did log in and look for the part number with no joy.

73,
Bill-AK5X

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Keith Ennis <nelasat@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for replacement foam ear pads for the Yamaha CM500?
Bill Hammond
wham727@...
Bill Hammond-AK5X
ak5x@...