Scanning Problem ( K3)

eckerpw@...

For some reason, I cannot get the scanning function to work on my K3.  I am following the instructions in the K3 manual pg 40 as well as the Fred Cady book pg. 46. I am using the Elecraft K3 Memory Editor to program the frequencies into the K3 memories.

When I press the  M>V button, the recalled memory comes up in the VFO B window as it should, but when I Hold the Scan button to start scanning, the VFO B window just returns to the freq readout  display and the K3 does not start scanning. Looked thru the archives but can’t find anything relevant.

What am I missing?

73 Paul

Kc2nyu