Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 Shipping Status Update

David Ferrington, M0XDF

Paul, this looks like a good idea and the products certainly look like they
will be useful. Could you recommend any particular item on this site - the
spray?
The pens?
Would normal and gold be useful or is just one type sufficient
Any comment would be helpful since I'll buy a few things, taking advantage
of one postage cost and the current exchange rate.

On 24/7/07 14:12, "Paul@N4LCD.com" <Paul@N4LCD.com> sent:

I have a suggestion about the PCB headers. It would be nice if you
could send with each new K3 kit a small tube of
Caig. <http://www.caig.com>www.caig.com
I recommend treating each PCB header pin with Caig >>
"DeoxIT" >> in the K3 build.
This will keep contact resistance low; lubricate the pins; and most
importantly prevent Oxidation.
For plated connectors, you may want to use Caig's ProGold instead of
Caig's DeoxIT.

--
The problem with being sure that God is on your side is that you can't
change your mind, because God sure isn't going to change His. -Roger Ebert,