Re: K3 and DRM reception

ab2tc

Hi,

I wonder if Tom was referring to "real" DRM used by broadcasters. The
ham radio DRM is a downsized version using less bandwidth. A real DRM
signal takes up at least 10kHz, maybe more. I have WinDRM installed
and have occasionally decoded signals at 14236. Frankly the audio
quality is miserable; I have no idea why this should become a popular
mode.

Knut - AB2TC

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Stofko" <wb1aiu@...> wrote:

Hi Tom,

If you haven't already... check out http://n1su.com/windrm/
With the built-in audio interface on the K3... a PC and free
WinDRM sofware, I think you would be well on your way
to exploring this new mode.

73,
Joe - WB1AIU

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "tomczykw" <wojiech.tomczyk@>
wrote:

I wonder if K3 will be suitable for DRM reception or perhaps can be
modified in such a way that DRM stations can be received.
Tom, VK2OE