K3 interface to P3

farrerfolks <farrerfolks@...>

I am expecting my P3 tomorrow and while reading the manuals of both the K3 and the P3 I see a questionable issue on the DC interface.

While I have asked K3 support the question, they have been busy.

Here is the question: Since the max source on the K3 12 VDC external port is max 0.5 Amp and the P3 max load is also 0.5 Amp, is there a overload condition at any time while using the P3? Certainly, there should be a safety factor built in. Running both at max is not good engineering practice. Unless the P3 spec is overkill. Anyone measured the actual load the P3 reflects to the K3?

Mel, K6KBE