Re: KPA-500 sticky relays?

Roger Dallimore

Hi Jeff,

This has happened to me occasionally. Very intermittent, no idea why it should happen.

Otherwise, its a great amp!

73
Roger MW0IDX

K3 #191
KPA-500 #286
K2 #2724
KX1 #416

KPA-500 sticky relays?
Posted by: "blueyondermining" cathrowinternational@... blueyondermining
Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:27 pm (PDT)

Sometimes when I switch my KPA500 to Operate from Standby mode nothing happens (no output whatsoever from the amp).

I checked all the cables and connections and everything else seems up to snuff.

I found that manually bandswitching back and forth a time or two seems to dispel the problem. So what is this problem that I have, sticky relays?

I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem (which is intermittent and usually happens when I first operate the amp).

73, Jeff, NH7RO; Otherwise a very pleased K-Line owner!