Re: 2.7 versus 2.8 Filter

ab2tc

Hi,

I have the same experience. I expect that the 1.8kHz filter is really needed only under the most extreme conditions. I do most of my operations on 20m and above where these conditions are rare, at least with the current band conditions. This solar cycle is *still* mostly a dud.

AB2TC - Knut

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., Mike Rodgers <mikerodgerske5gbc@...> wrote:

I've got the 2.7 and 1.8..
I see very little improvement on ssb with the 1.8. I've done many comparisons with the 2.7 at b/w 1.9 and the 1.8 at 1.8. There is a difference but slight. I suppose that could change with great propagation and more crowding. The k3's dsp and 2.7 filter work wonderfully good.
You'll no doubt want a cw filter. I'll let others comment on that.
You will get get benefit from the kdvr digital voice recorder. It's on 10 seconds out but does repeat. You can record four outgoing messages. Push for single, push and hold for repeat, variable repeat delay.

73
Mike R

Sent from my spy ring

On May 23, 2011, at 12:03 PM, "Glenn Carden" <grcarden@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe for asking this question.

This has been very helpful as I am getting ready to order a K3 but have been trying to decide on the filters choices.

I would also like to know anyones recommendations on the 2.1 and 1.8 filters and the CW filters: 400 8-pole vs the 500 5-pole and the 200 5-pole vs the 250 8-pole filters.

Glenn AC9I