From: CR
To: Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 5:09 PM
Subject: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Rig ergonomics and performance comparison

It will be interesting to see if the Elecraft K3 needs external
bandpass filters when used in a multi multi contest environment.
Considering what the cost is for a full set of W3NQN filters, it
certainly make the K3 a popular if you dont have this additional cost
or weight to carry around on an expedition or in contest station.

I also wonder if a Tracking Preselector will become a future option
for the K3. The Yaesu U tune preselector is a great feature although
old hat! However if the K3's front end is bullet proof it would be
hard to justify the additional expense and marginal performance gain
from a preselector. When bad IMD, Keyclicks and phase noise dominate
the value of such filters is questionable. However it might be handy
in places like Europe. Its going to be torturous operating a perfect
receiver like the K3 and hearing the good, the bad and the ugly
knowing very well its not your receiver when you hear the bad!

Such is the price of perfection!

Craig
VK3HE