Topics

windows 10 1903 update

vk3dnh@...

Edited

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

wonder if you fellas that have 1903 windows 10 could go to your device manager and check the driver properties
mine are  LINE FDM-DUO AUDIO V 1.04      DRIVER PROVIDER  MICROSOFT       DRIVER DATE 18/03/2019   DRIVER VERSION  10.0.18362.1
DIGITAL SIGNER  MICROSOFT WINDOWS
HOW DOES THIS COMPARE THANKS IN ADVANCE

CHEERS  CHRIS

phoekzema Hoekzema

No problems here but I am still at 1803.  My computer will not take the 1903 update.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

Michael Boudreaux

No problems here  Windows Home Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362   73 Mike vk3xz

On 7/09/2019 08:33, phoekzema Hoekzema wrote:

No problems here but I am still at 1803.  My computer will not take the 1903 update.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

Bill / N1ASS

I am running 1903 and everything is good here🙋73. ....Bill \ N1ASS.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 18:53 Michael Boudreaux <vk3xz@...> wrote:

No problems here  Windows Home Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362   73 Mike vk3xz

On 7/09/2019 08:33, phoekzema Hoekzema wrote:

No problems here but I am still at 1803.  My computer will not take the 1903 update.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

Ron Hunsicker

Windows 10 Pro with 1903 update and everything is good here, too.

Ron

Neil Smith G4DBN

Mine doesn't mention v1.04

Neil G4DBN

That is mine.

On 06/09/2019 02:33, vk3dnh@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

wonder if you fellas that have 1903 windows 10 could go to your device manager and check the driver properties
mine are  LINE FDM-DUO AUDIO V 1.04      DRIVER PROVIDER  MICROSOFT       DRIVER DATE 18/03/2019   DRIVER VERSION  10.0.18362.1
DIGITAL SIGNER  MICROSOFT WINDOWS
HOW DOES THIS COMPARE THANKS IN ADVANCE

CHEERS  CHRIS

n2msqrp

My computer states You’re up to date but asks me if I want to install Feature update to Windows 10, versiom 1903.

When I attempt to install I get the message

Updates failed

Feature updates to Windows 10, version 1903 – Error 0x80070005

Does anyone know why this is failing?

Mike N2MS

No problems here but I am still at 1803.  My computer will not take the 1903 update.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

fdm-duo v1.04 drivers appear to have changed and can no longer get audio on tx  ptt seems to work  and I get a brief 50ms of audio and then no audio  menu32 txin set to auto menu 54 ptt set to in + rts has worked like this since I first got the elad in dec 2015
???? ANYONE ELSE GOT PROBS
cheers vk3dnh

Alan

Feature updates to Windows 10, version 1903 ? Error 0x80070005

Does anyone know why this is failing?
Mike,

Wht not Google? Something here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-keep-failing-error-0x80070005/5d4642f0-7870-4d0c-b5c3-fbe70f5f3da6

But on the other hand why bother? Most optional updates do not give a technical user anything but bloat.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

k7au

 I have precisely the description presented by vk3dnh No audio modulation after 50 ms.  The exact configuration works on Windows 7 Pro 64 Sony VAIO.  I have configured two different machines and have the same outcome.  I suspect it is the resource limitation that Microsoft is describing without the normal message.  I plan to just keep on Win 7 for the Elad FDM-DUO as it is my Winlink Express engine and used daily.

Sincerely,
Bob k7au / k7if Trustee Sysop hybrid Winlink

Hi n2msqrp, K7au

1. Win 10 is better then Win 7 even it is true that Win7 is a very stable Platform; but you miss something.

2. I'm programming for the Flight Simulator and the Elad SW2. This kind of programs are quite difficult to digest. Who encountered difficulties to change to Win10 from Win7 the best advice was and is "get in touch with the Microsoft Forum experts". Any help would need some more precise details about your PC system. You have a problem that other's do not have. There can't be any direct answer resolving your problem.

3. Pls. get in touch with the MS Forum and state with your first question your precise PC data. Avoid unnecessary return questions. A PC is not just doing what we want, still it needs the uman brain and patient.

I'm sure you will resolve. Never say it does not work, knowing that is only depending on us.

Maybe this is not a great help at the moment but believe me; It is.

Raimund
.