Virtual receivers in FDM-S3

Conrad, PA5Y

Is it possible to set up 3 virtual receivers in FDM-SW2 that allow simultaneous monitoring of 3 different frequencies via VAC.? For instance, I might want to monitor 50.313 FT8, 50.318 FT4 and 50.323 FT8 all with their own individual decoder.

Is this possible?

My FDM-S3 arrives here next week 😊

73

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Ah further reading suggests that the answer is yes.

From the SW2 manual, ‘In this way, the user can analyze more than one signal together’

Sorry for the BW.

Conrad

Is it possible to set up 3 virtual receivers in FDM-SW2 that allow simultaneous monitoring of 3 different frequencies via VAC.? For instance, I might want to monitor 50.313 FT8, 50.318 FT4 and 50.323 FT8 all with their own individual decoder.

Is this possible?

My FDM-S3 arrives here next week 😊

73

Conrad PA5Y

Don Moman VE6JY

Of course. Even 4.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 4:46 PM Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

Is it possible to set up 3 virtual receivers in FDM-SW2 that allow simultaneous monitoring of 3 different frequencies via VAC.? For instance, I might want to monitor 50.313 FT8, 50.318 FT4 and 50.323 FT8 all with their own individual decoder.

Is this possible?

My FDM-S3 arrives here next week 😊

73

Conrad PA5Y

Ross ve6ars

make that 8

g0ofe

Or even 24, if using SDR Console!

Jim.

On 28/04/2022 22:48, Don Moman VE6JY wrote:
Of course. Even 4.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 4:46 PM Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

Is it possible to set up 3 virtual receivers in FDM-SW2 that allow simultaneous monitoring of 3 different frequencies via VAC.? For instance, I might want to monitor 50.313 FT8, 50.318 FT4 and 50.323 FT8 all with their own individual decoder.

Is this possible?

My FDM-S3 arrives here next week 😊

73

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Don’t worry 3 is enough 😊

I use SDRC now but will try SW2 and then decide which I prefer.

The S3 has been shipped from Wimo today so I expect it early next week.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y