From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> on behalf of Richard Meal <mw0rgm@...>
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2022 12:36:22 PM
To: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io>
Subject: [EladSDR] TUNING NOB PAINT

All,

Would welcome your views.  The silver paint on the indentation of my tuning knob has largely worn away.  I'm considering repainting it, but before I do, has any one has success doing this and if so, what paint did you use?

Thanks,

Richard M0RGM

Simon

Hi

Whatever paint you use .(and yes 2 pack would be good, but then you need spray gun, compressor and min order is 1.2 l in uk.. abit over kill.)

But was getting at . BE very caretif removing old paint as any scratches in knob WILL show though new patand look crap.

I have considered asking Jeff my mate to knock up a solid ali one on his lathe for me..

Simon

Richard Meal

Thanks Simon - appreciate your thoughts.

Might reach out to Elad to see how much a replacement knob would be.

Richard  M0RGM

On Sat, 14 May 2022, 10:38 Simon, <ohhellnotagain@...> wrote:
Hi

Whatever paint you use .(and yes 2 pack would be good, but then you need spray gun, compressor and min order is 1.2 l in uk.. abit over kill.)

But was getting at . BE very caretif removing old paint as any scratches in knob WILL show though new patand look crap.

I have considered asking Jeff my mate to knock up a solid ali one on his lathe for me..

Simon

Simon

You could just paint it with a rattle can silver,( very light coat.) then a flash of rattle can laquar..see what it looks like and repaint it again when that wheres off next year...but even that will cost £20 from halfords or similar. Cost of new may be cheaper!

Simon g0zen

Pez T

I purchased an FDM-DUO that had paint scratches on the front of the knobs. My solution, was to remove the knobs and gently sand the front faces back to bare metal using fine Scotchbrite sanding pads. I am very happy with the result! :)

Matthew Phillips

Mine also has the problem.

A while back someone posted this:

41mm Silver Aluminum Knob | For Precision Instruments (lovemyswitches.com)

For the price I plan to buy this.

Matthew G6WPJ