Topics

TMate driver update reminder

Neil Smith G4DBN

After the last Windows updates, the driver for my Tmate was removed.  In case anyone has the same issue, I just followed the standard process of disabling driver signing and installing Gavin M1BXF's modified .inf file and driver pack from his page at https://www.geekshed.co.uk/woodbox-radio-tmate-1-0-windows-10-driver/

Worked perfectly as it did before, and my Tmate is working again.

Neil G4DBN

hinghamdx

Hi Neil,

Just wondering what update/build this happened with? My main DX desktop was just updated fully a couple of nights ago with no ill effects to the TM-2 using either the S-2 or the SDRPlay Duo.

Keith
Hingham MA

On 9/14/2019 8:44 AM, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
After the last Windows updates, the driver for my Tmate was removed.  In case anyone has the same issue, I just followed the standard process of disabling driver signing and installing Gavin M1BXF's modified .inf file and driver pack from his page at https://www.geekshed.co.uk/woodbox-radio-tmate-1-0-windows-10-driver/
Worked perfectly as it did before, and my Tmate is working again.

The Tmate2 shouldn't be affected, as it uses signed drivers.  The issue with the original Tmate is that the drivers are not signed, so you have to disable the driver signing protection thing.  It happened during the upgrade to 1903.  The usual fix sorted it out. It might just be one of those weird side effects that only affects me, but posted this in case anyone else comes across a dead Tmate fault.

Neil G4DBN