SW2 - Crackle Sound in NFM.

Fenu

Hello,

Since using Elad SDR's I have the a problem with the NFM Mode.
If I increase the Bandwidth over 6khz, the audio become more and more a crackle sound. I have try all possible settings without success.
Only the Noise Reduction can eliminate this crackle.. But I think, NFM must work without cackle sound. Other Software can do this also.
Take lock to the video.

TimoJ

Same problem here. You can also "fix" it if you turn equalizer on and put all bands to -12dB.

Albert Krusbersky

I also had this Problem. My Solution was to increase the Soundcard Play Buffer Size to 200ms in the Audio-Tab.

Hope this helps,
Albert.
--
Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist in der Praxis noch größer als in der Theorie.

Erstellt auf einer lizensierten Standart-Tolleranz-Maschiene mit String-Taste.

Fenu

Thank for the hints. But I think it's not the solution, only a interim solution.
What does Elad think about this problem?
This crackle sound is not normal.

73
Fernando

Neil Smith G4DBN

Have you raised a fault ticket via the support portal Fernando? I raised one last week and the fault I reported was fixed within a few days.

I haven't noticed a problem, but I only use FM occasionally, and the deviation of the other stations I work is very low.  Is the problem related at all to the deviation level of the received signal?

Neil G4DBN

On 01/11/2021 16:09, Fenu wrote:
Thank for the hints. But I think it's not the solution, only a interim solution.
What does Elad think about this problem?
This crackle sound is not normal.

Dan Steffens

Fernando -
I'm not an ELAD rep, but this is a common tradeoff when using the Noise Blanker. I would argue the noise blanker isn't needed on FM. Let me know if this clears up your problem.

Cheers -
Dan KN7BT

On Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:09:27 AM PDT, Fenu <fenu@...> wrote:

Thank for the hints. But I think it's not the solution, only a interim solution.
What does Elad think about this problem?
This crackle sound is not normal.

73
Fernando

Fenu

Dan,
This crackle sound comes not from the Noiseblanker. I have try this.

73
Fenu

Fenu

Thanks for this hint. I make a Ticket.