Topics

Spectrum span

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez <jotagarzon@...>

Hi all,
I am a new (proud) owner of an ELAD FDM-S2 and I am traying to get used to the (sometimes) not intuitive SW2 software. I am a newbie with this and I say sorry in advance for some evident answer that I could not get even with the manual facing my eyes!

I want to see in the spectrum the 6 MHz span that the FDM-S2 gives but my display is anchoraged with just 1.5 MHz and I can't see the rest of the span. I do not know how to select the desired span of the spectrum. I tried everything with the Manual, the spectrum bars below, etc... unsuccesfully!!

Everything works very good with Console v3, but I want to test the original Elad software.

May you help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

Jorge Garzón (EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL) 
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W
Urb. San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPAÑA - SPAIN)
..................................................................................
Twitter: @IberiaDX

BEAVAN SIMON

Jorge,

At the bottom left of the display there is a button marked "Set". 

Press this and you will get the setup screen.

Select the Advanced tab and the first option is the "Device Configuration"

This is a dropdown and there will be severl options. The 6mhz span is the one with 6144k in the title.

Select this and press apply near the bottom. Then OK

You should have your full bandwidth now.

They couldn't have made it easier could they :-)

Simon

On 27 March 2020 at 19:43 "Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez via Groups.Io" <jotagarzon@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I am a new (proud) owner of an ELAD FDM-S2 and I am traying to get used to the (sometimes) not intuitive SW2 software. I am a newbie with this and I say sorry in advance for some evident answer that I could not get even with the manual facing my eyes!

I want to see in the spectrum the 6 MHz span that the FDM-S2 gives but my display is anchoraged with just 1.5 MHz and I can't see the rest of the span. I do not know how to select the desired span of the spectrum. I tried everything with the Manual, the spectrum bars below, etc... unsuccesfully!!

Everything works very good with Console v3, but I want to test the original Elad software.

May you help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

..................................................................................

Otso Ylönen

Hi Jorge,

Please try the options available on the Advanced page of the Settings.

SET -> Advanced -> Device Configuration

You can choose your desired bandwidth from the drop-down menu.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Freitag, 27. März 2020 um 19:43 Uhr
Von: "Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez via Groups.Io" <jotagarzon@...>
An: "eladsdr@groups.io" <eladsdr@groups.io>
Betreff: [EladSDR] Spectrum span
Hi all,

May you help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez <jotagarzon@...>

Simon and Otso,
Thank you very much for your indications. You made my day! Now It's much better.

I reckon SW2 software is a very good tool but it's not intuitive, at least not as Simon's Brown's Console that I am used to run.

Thank you again!

Jorge

En viernes, 27 de marzo de 2020 23:52:58 CET, BEAVAN SIMON via Groups.Io <simbeav@...> escribió:

Jorge,

At the bottom left of the display there is a button marked "Set". 

Press this and you will get the setup screen.

Select the Advanced tab and the first option is the "Device Configuration"

This is a dropdown and there will be severl options. The 6mhz span is the one with 6144k in the title.

Select this and press apply near the bottom. Then OK

You should have your full bandwidth now.

They couldn't have made it easier could they :-)

Simon

On 27 March 2020 at 19:43 "Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez via Groups.Io" <jotagarzon@...> wrote:

Hi all,

May you help me, please?

Thank you in advance!