Topics

Problem Updating TX Firmware id DUO

Charles Ristorcelli

My DUO has all current firmware versions except TX Firmware.

My DUO presently has TX Firmware Version 1.28

I started upgrading to TX Firmware Version 1.35

Following firmware upgrade procedures in firmware upgrade manual.

I loaded the fdmduotx.bin program in the thumbdrive and inserted the thumbdrive into the TX USB PROGRAMMING PORT, and powered the DUO..

All goes well EXCEPT,when I hold down the TX program mode button oin the DUO, NO LEDs light. Neither the red ones that supposedly show the upgrade is going well or the green ones which show there was a problem.

What am I doing wrong?

73 de NN3V

--
73 de NN3V

Giovanni Franza

Hi Charlie,
if I remeber well: first connect the thumbdruve, then press (and hold) tx program button, then power up the DUO, then relese the tx button.
Is this working?

Regrads,

Giovanni, HB9EIK

Charles Ristorcelli

Thanks Giovanni.

Yes, that is correct with the added information that one must keep the button pressed until the red lights begin to flash.

In my case the red lights never flash.

--
73 de NN3V

Antony Watts

Hi Antony (M0IFA) here

Did you put the update file you downloaded at the "root" of the USB stick file system? It must not be in a sub folder

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

FAT32 formatted USB stick?
Tried  stick with 8GB or less?
Tried USB 2.0 stick?
File in root?

Klaus

Am 26.03.2020 um 15:31 schrieb Charles Ristorcelli:

Thanks Giovanni.

Yes, that is correct with the added information that one must keep the button pressed until the red lights begin to flash.

In my case the red lights never flash.

--
73 de NN3V

Charles Ristorcelli

Thanks everyone, and a second thanks to Giovanni.

Giovanni, your second reply showed my error.

I did not read VERY  carefully the upgrade manual.

The LAST step in the procdure is to power up the radio.

I powered up before start upgrade.

Mine is nor upgraded.

Another example of I/O error.

I/O error = Idiot Operator.