FDM-SW2 won't open with S3

Ron Hunsicker

Weird one here.  Listening to my S3 with V3.55 and all is well.  Shut it down and opened it twice today and its working like a charm.

A separate problem is my wireless mouse is erratic.  It was suggested moving the transmitter closer to the mouse.  I shut down the computer, did that and my mouse working as it should.

BUT, the Elad software will not open.  I've uninstalled the software via W11 and manually deleted the folders and contents.
Downloaded a new copy of 3.55 full install and installed it.  Still no go.

Oddly, the S3 was off and SW2 DID start and asked if I wanted to run in offline mode.  I did not and closed that window.

Turned on the S3 and tried to start the SW2 program by right-clicking the icon and selecting "start"  All I get is two beeps, a high and a low tone.

Everything else in the computer seems to work Office, Firefox (obviously), Thunderbird, fldigi, Adobe.

?????

Ron

Bill Nollman

My secret sequence in times of trouble...

Power off the S3 power switch.

Power of the PSU.

Pull the USB cable from the PC.

Plug the USB cable into the PC.

Power on the PSU.

Power on the S3 power switch.

Start SW2 (I find right clicking the icon and selecting Open to be the most
reliable).

If that doesn't work try another computer to be sure the S3 is OK.

Bill

[...]

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I never checked the cables.

Frustrated, I pulled out all the cables and re-seated them.  Viola!

Sorry,

Ron