From: Ron Hunsicker via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 4:03 PM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: [EladSDR] FDM-S3 and dual channel

Running V 3.52
What is the procedure to enable the 384 KHz dual channel mode?  I sometimes used it in my S2.
I tried "Set," then "Advanced," selected the drop-down, and no dual channel mode option was in the list.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron Hunsicker

Peter,

Thank-you for checking.  I looked again and the bottom-most option is the single channel 24 MHz bandwidth.  Memory jogged, that is the location of the dual channel option when using the S2.

Ron

Pete

Last year I asked Paul Jones, US Elad representative, about a Dual Channel option for the S3.
He told me it would not be available in the FDM SW-2 S3 software.

Pete

g0ofe

I did ask the question and got the same sort of answer.

Shame, as when the S3 was advertised as "coming soon" back in 2017 or so, amongst the specs was a promise of 3 x 384khz spans.

Shame that did not materialise.

On 21/11/2021 00:46, Pete wrote:
Last year I asked Paul Jones, US Elad representative, about a Dual Channel option for the S3.
He told me it would not be available in the FDM SW-2 S3 software.

Pete

Paul Jones

I’ve re-asked the question if this is available soon or not, it may be a possible configuration.

Paul EladUSA

On Nov 21, 2021, at 02:39, g0ofe <forums@...> wrote:

I did ask the question and got the same sort of answer.

Shame, as when the S3 was advertised as "coming soon" back in 2017 or so, amongst the specs was a promise of 3 x 384khz spans.

Shame that did not materialise.

Paul Jones

I just spoke to Franco, and this will be available soon, now they are catching up on production after Covid, so the programmer will look at this for the s3

Paul EladUSA

On Nov 23, 2021, at 18:34, Paul Jones <support@...> wrote:

I’ve re-asked the question if this is available soon or not, it may be a possible configuration.

Paul EladUSA

On Nov 21, 2021, at 02:39, g0ofe <forums@...> wrote:

I did ask the question and got the same sort of answer.

Shame, as when the S3 was advertised as "coming soon" back in 2017 or so, amongst the specs was a promise of 3 x 384khz spans.

Shame that did not materialise.

Paul Andrews

Can two (2) FDM-S3 output channels be phase coherent?

Will the FDM-S3 output an IQ stream?

73 - Paul - W2HRO