Topics

FDM-S2 problem

Shinya

I have a problem with my FDM-S2.
FDM-SW2 Setup → Advanced → Device Configuration;
When bandwidth is set to 1536kHz, 3072kHz, 6144kHz,
The sound will be distorted.
If it is 768kHz or less, there is no problem.
I'm worried because I don't know the cause.
I would like your advice.

FDM-SW2 Version.3.027

PC: Intel Core i7-7500U CPU@2.70GHz 64bit
RAM 16.0GB
Windows 10 HOME

73
Shinya Hasegawa / JS1BXH
Yokohama, Japan

Otso Ylönen

Hi,

Even though your PC should be more than capable to handle the wider bandwidths, this sounds like a resource issue. Does it happen both when monitoring live audio from the FDM-S2 and when listening to a recorded RF file?

Two possible sources of problems:

- It could be something related to audio drivers. If you have access to a USB audio card, you could try to compare results with that.
- It could be caused by strain on the USB controller handling the FDM-S2. I start to experience similar distorsion if I connect many devices to the same controller. Note: many laptops only have one controller even if they have several USB ports.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. November 2019 um 07:44 Uhr
Von: "Shinya" <doruma@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: [EladSDR] FDM-S2 problem
I have a problem with my FDM-S2.
FDM-SW2 Setup → Advanced → Device Configuration;
When bandwidth is set to 1536kHz, 3072kHz, 6144kHz,
The sound will be distorted.
If it is 768kHz or less, there is no problem.
I'm worried because I don't know the cause.
I would like your advice.

FDM-SW2 Version.3.027

PC: Intel Core i7-7500U CPU@2.70GHz 64bit
RAM 16.0GB
Windows 10 HOME

73
Shinya Hasegawa / JS1BXH
Yokohama, Japan

Shinya

Dear Otso,

Thank you for your advice!
Yes, My FDM-S2 sound issue happen both when monitoring live audio and listening to a recorded wave file.

I tried to connect FDM-S2, from USB hub and direct PC.
But both connect happened sound  sound will be distorted.

Tampering with the parameters of FDM-SW2, sometimes solves the bandwidth 1536kHz sound problem.
Why?

I do not understand about PC's
audio drivers and USB audio card. I don't have that knowledge.

I'm worried about difficult problems...

Shinya Hasegawa
JS1BXH
Yokohama, Japan