FDM-DUO power-up from DUO-ART #duo-art

Kjell-Goran SM4GRP

Hello all,
I have a DUO-ART 120 since approx a year. I wonder if the power-up sequence of the FDM-DUO when taking the power from the DUO-ART is correct. My DUO-ART always power-up the FDM-DUO like this:
1 Power on to the DUO for less than 0.5 seconds. After that time power-off.
2 The DUO-ART boot process starts (counting down from 10 to 0). When the boot process is finished the FDM-DUO is powered-up again and I can start using the radio.
I wonder if other DUO-ART 120 users have the same power-up sequence (with the DUO being powered up twice and the first time for a very short time). Is this double power-up thing correct?
I have checked both 13.8V outputs from the DUO-ART. They behave similar.
Thanks for any input
73 / Kjell-Göran SM4GRP

Tony EI8JK

Hello Kjell, although I don't have my ART anymore, that is how I remember the start up sequence.
I always assumed it was just checking a DUO was attached and not a non-Elad radio.
73, Tony, EI8JK.

On 21/09/2022 15:32, Kjell-Goran SM4GRP wrote:

Hello all,
I have a DUO-ART 120 since approx a year. I wonder if the power-up sequence of the FDM-DUO when taking the power from the DUO-ART is correct. My DUO-ART always power-up the FDM-DUO like this:
1 Power on to the DUO for less than 0.5 seconds. After that time power-off.
2 The DUO-ART boot process starts (counting down from 10 to 0). When the boot process is finished the FDM-DUO is powered-up again and I can start using the radio.
I wonder if other DUO-ART 120 users have the same power-up sequence (with the DUO being powered up twice and the first time for a very short time). Is this double power-up thing correct?
I have checked both 13.8V outputs from the DUO-ART. They behave similar.
Thanks for any input
73 / Kjell-Göran SM4GRP

Jim Fuller

Kjell- My DUO and ART go through the same power up sequence.

73 Jim - KC4JNW

Hello all,
I have a DUO-ART 120 since approx a year. I wonder if the power-up sequence of the FDM-DUO when taking the power from the DUO-ART is correct. My DUO-ART always power-up the FDM-DUO like this:
1 Power on to the DUO for less than 0.5 seconds. After that time power-off.
2 The DUO-ART boot process starts (counting down from 10 to 0). When the boot process is finished the FDM-DUO is powered-up again and I can start using the radio.
I wonder if other DUO-ART 120 users have the same power-up sequence (with the DUO being powered up twice and the first time for a very short time). Is this double power-up thing correct?
I have checked both 13.8V outputs from the DUO-ART. They behave similar.
Thanks for any input
73 / Kjell-Göran SM4GRPKjell: My DUO and ART go through the same start-up sequence.

Kjell-Goran SM4GRP

Hello,
Thanks for the answers. Then everything seems all right. I wondered if the short power up/down was a fault or as designed.
Enjoying the DUO + ART very much.
73 / Kjell-Göran SM4GRP