Topics

EladRemote 1.75

Giovanni Franza

Hi all,
in the folder http://www.eladit.com/download/sdr/DUO-ART_EladRemote/1.75/index.php?lang=EN you can find the
new version of Elad Remote, with:
some improvement of manual,
band memory (when changing band program seved frequency, mode, and other settings, so, when you return on the band these are restored,
a bug correnction of persistence of txbandwidth that is saved on the DUO ART when changed.

Have fun!

HB9EIK - Giovanni

Giovanni Franza

Hi all,
(not so) new platform suported.
I bought a Raspberry PI 4 - 4GByte RAM, + 16 GBytes micro SD and a audio USB dongle.
I've installed Raspbian Buster from the official site.
Next, I've added an overlay filesystem to save the microSD: an useful link is here:
https://yagrebu.net/unix/rpi-overlay.md
Using overctl -w I've put root as RW, then update using apt-get update apt-get upgrade.
Then I've downloaded EladRemote folder and installed the needed libraries:
apt-get install libftgl-dev freeglut3-dev libportaudio2 portaudio19-dev libopus-dev pkg-config libglib2.0-dev libssl-dev libpng-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev.
I've recompilder from within EladRemote folder using make clean all
I've edited init.txt seetting IP and password for DUO ART and I/O Audio addresses.
Using X I've run EladRemote and it ... works, not so quick, but usable (and not slower than an average Win laptop).
And I've tested with one of the two supported 4K screen.
For the interested, I'll bring all the setup to Castelfeder.
Enjoiy

Giovanni - HB9EIK

Beware! Pi 4 heats up! it need a heatsink and or a fan.

Charles Ristorcelli

Is there a plan to develop the software interfaces needed to allow WLAR Remote to operate with SW2 presentation so the DUO/ART can be used for ham radio operations as is usual?

73 de NN3V

Charles Ristorcelli

I meant ELAD not WLAR.

Giovanni Franza

As far as I know, no, or, better, EladRemote will not talk to or mimics SW2.

EladRemote is not an SDR but a remote control for the DUO + DUO ART.
IMHO the remote usage of SW2 can be done using RDP or TeamViewer.

To be clear: EladRemote send, mainly, CAT (for DUO/DUOART) commands and exchange audio.
To "remotize" sw2 it must be sent sw2 commands -> mouse movement and clicks, and this is done very well by RDP and/or TeamViewer.

Of course this is only my personal opinion.

Regards,

Giovanni - HB9EIK

Charles Ristorcelli

Thanks Giovanni.

Yes. I agree that TeamViewer is a very good way to use DUO/ART as SDR when used remotely. It works well.

73 de NN3V