Topics

Elad duo out of band warning on 51mhz

evening
i have a uk duo, and just noticed when I key above 51mhz I get an out of band warning

new to the duo, and this shouldn’t happen till 52mhz

ian
MM6IXE

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Ian, have you run the bandplan update program?

Try the GB + 60m version at http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-DUO/Bandplanes/index.php?lang=EN

Unzip it then run the enclosed exe.  Windows will moan a lot about it being an unknown app, just tell it to shut up and do your bidding.

There are some threads on the forum about this, so if you get an "already updated" message, have a search and try the stuff there.  Basically loading a non-GB bandplan, reboot the DUO then install the GB and it should work.

Neil G4DBN

On 09/09/2019 21:13, MM6IXE wrote:
evening
i have a uk duo, and just noticed when I key above 51mhz I get an out of band warning

new to the duo, and this shouldn’t happen till 52mhz

ian
MM6IXE

Neil Smith G4DBN

Just for giggles, I tried running the bandplan patch again, but it hangs on discovery and throws an "FDM-DUO Service Error" when I try to connect.  No idea what is going on, unless Windows or my AV are trying to babysit me.  Hateful thing, end-user protective security.

Neil G4DBN

On 09/09/2019 21:49, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Hi Ian, have you run the bandplan update program?

Try the GB + 60m version at http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-DUO/Bandplanes/index.php?lang=EN

Unzip it then run the enclosed exe.  Windows will moan a lot about it being an unknown app, just tell it to shut up and do your bidding.

There are some threads on the forum about this, so if you get an "already updated" message, have a search and try the stuff there.  Basically loading a non-GB bandplan, reboot the DUO then install the GB and it should work.

Neil G4DBN

On 09/09/2019 21:13, MM6IXE wrote:
evening
i have a uk duo, and just noticed when I key above 51mhz I get an out of band warning

new to the duo, and this shouldn’t happen till 52mhz

ian
MM6IXE

Thanx Neil

i will try this tomorrow and report back if it was successful

many thanx for the help

iain
MM6IXE

Paul M0EYT

Hi Neil,

I didn't know this tool existed, thanks! I've updated my primary duo and it seems to work fine. Not sure if the app functions 100% on windows 7 but I had to click in the serial number field first, then the version field, then press the write to radio button.

regards,

Paul M0EYT.

good afternoon Neil

thats me ran the tool and all seems well, on windows 7

many thanx
iain
MM6IXE

Patrick Bouldin KM5L

Also, to the original question - be really sure where the DUO is trying to transmit, there are many ways for it to try to TX where you are not intending. Selecting the wrong RX to transmit on, also the effects of stand-alone, etc.
Patrick KM5L