Topics

DUO-ART spectrum view display

Bob G3PJT

Hi

When I tune outside the amateur band the spectrum view jumps upward.

So on 7001kHz my DUO noise floor reads ~ -125dBm  ( 500hz) and the DUO-ART reads -125dBm about the same.

When I tune the DUO  below 7000 say to 6999kHz then the DUO still reads ~-125dBm but the DUO-ART display jumps upward to ~-95dBm

Has anyone else seen this and what is the explanation?

Thanks

Bob G3PJT

Mark Stewart <spooter12@...>

Not optimized outside of Amature bands.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 5:51 PM Bob G3PJT <bob@...> wrote:
Hi

When I tune outside the amateur band the spectrum view jumps upward.

So on 7001kHz my DUO noise floor reads ~ -125dBm  ( 500hz) and the
DUO-ART reads -125dBm about the same.

When I tune the DUO  below 7000 say to 6999kHz then the DUO still reads
~-125dBm but the DUO-ART display jumps upward to ~-95dBm

Has anyone else seen this and what is the explanation?

Thanks

Bob G3PJT

Bob G3PJT

Aha!  a feature not a problem then.