Topics

Configuring CAT in FDM-SW2 Software - Help Needed

Bill Alpert

Feel like I'm close, as both rigs are showing up as green in the FDM software's Omnirig Control panel. Problem is when I tune the Elad, it initiates the CAT command, tunes my Icom 7300 as requested, and then immediate sets itself back to 0 Hz. The Icom stays on the tuned frequency. Very strange stuff.

The settings are fairly basic, and I've tried all 3 CAT modes. All produce the same problem. Thanks for any assistance!

--
73 de Bill / KG6NRV

Stepan Synek

Hello Bill,
have you resolved the described issue? I'm having the same...  Seem OmniRig (1.19) is working OK (SDR-Radio SW works OK through OmniRig) but FDM-SW2 (3.027) behaves exactly you wrote...
"when I tune the Elad, it initiates the CAT command, tunes my Icom 7300 as requested, and then immediate sets itself back to 0 Hz. The Icom stays on the tuned frequency"

Thanks for help! Stepan

Bill Alpert

Hi Stepan. I have not really resolved the issue. I finally today received a support email from Vianney. He suggested creating a virtual port split off from my computer's physical COM port and using that virtual port for apps such as WSJT and CW Skimmer. Then simply checking the omnirig box in the SW-2 settings. However this port splitting didn't work for me. Perhaps because I'm using vspMgr instead of VSPE, which he uses in his experiment.

I think the best option is to use HDSDR software to control your Elad rig. When I tested this, it immediately recognized my omnirig settings and synced all radios and software perfectly. As far as I can tell, Elad's implementation of Omnirig is non-standard. Perhaps someone has a better answer as I'd prefer to use Elad's software, however it simply won't work for this use case.

I'm also exploring an app called RigSync to perform these functions. Haven't tried it yet.
--
Bill / KG6NRV

Patrick Bouldin KM5L

Hey Bill,

Please see this fileÑ https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/files/A%20Set%20of%20Instructions%20Installing%20WSJTX-FLDIG-FDM-SW2%20and%20other%20apps/SETUP%20FDM-DUO-to-FDM-SW2+PC+WSJT+FLDIGI%20%281%29.pdf

Also, when port splitting, suggest that you ensure you´ve booted up the DUO before running the splitter profile, otherwise it won´t see the port being split and will error. Also, if you don´t have enough USBs and are running a USB buss externally, suggest connecting 100% of all USB cables to the external buss, not using the other USBs on the PC itself.

73,
Patrick KM5L