Complaining....

Neil Smith G4DBN

Facebook?  Actually, that's a brilliant move. How about going there to complain about customer service issues instead of lowering the signal to noise ratio of this *technical self-support forum*?

This forum isn't monitored closely by Elad staff, although Vianney pops up now and then with announcements and to report bugfixes.

Does Paul not answer his personal phone number ( 843-801-5301 )? He passed it out on the list recently as an alternative to the official contact number in case calling that doesn't work. How about phoning the factory after the end of their announced holiday period, after allowing them a few days to deal with the backlog of messages?

Complaining three days after putting in a support ticket during a holiday period is possibly edging towards *slightly* unreasonable expectations.  If you get no response to telephone calls from Paul after the holiday period, and the support ticket doesn't get handled, then perhaps drop an email to Vianney to see if he can help escalate your issue.

I'm just about to raise a support ticket to report a bug when using a frequency offset with a second channel in SW2, I'll mark it as very low priority so it doesn't tie up any resources that should be dealing with more urgent matters.

I know we can just mute the "complaints" topics, but really we need a second channel for customer service issues and anything else non-tech that isn't about helping folks to get things running, fix misconfiguration issues and problems with third-party software interfaces like Omnirig and help identify if some behaviour with the radios or SW2 really is a bug.

Neil

On 27/08/2022 22:06, Wes Stewart via groups.io wrote:

Share it.  I want to know if it was worse than mine.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 11:41 AM, Ivan Dias wrote:
Paul,

I sent a private email to you 10 days ago without an answer. Opened a support ticket 3 days ago. Facebook messages for months. None of them were answered.

Can you answer or should I share the content here? You know the subject.

Thank you.

Ivan

DAVID IW5BNL

Hi all

I fully agree with Neil.
It's the time to go back to the main purpose of forum: technical topic on Elad products and sdr in general.

Ciao

David
IW5BNL

Il Dom 28 Ago 2022, 18:01 Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> ha scritto:
[...]

Wes Stewart

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 10:46 AM, DAVID IW5BNL wrote:
Hi all

I fully agree with Neil.
It's the time to go back to the main purpose of forum: technical topic on Elad products and sdr in general.

Ciao

David
IW5BNL

 Really?  Where do you get that out of: Welcome to official EladSDR (Software Defined Radio) Hardware and Software user and support group.

Doesn't "support" include getting help from ELAD IT and/or ELAD USA (the latter sorely missing) on any ELAD issue?

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

I never had any communication issues with ELAD in Caneva, Italy.

I have ordered various devices from them directly @ their Italy webshop and the goods
*always* (!) arrived to my home in southern Germany within 3 working days!

E-mails were answered within reasonable time and I have absolutely *zero* reasons
for complaining about anything.

The warranty repair of my QSF-06 was finished in due time, which I consider to be
much better than what I have experienced from other "brand" manufacturers.

I also do appreciate Vianneys' presence in this forum which shows that ELAD is
reading/listening to its' customers and possible future customers.
Compare that with IKY!

For these reasons, I really like this company. Two thumbs up!

Klaus, DK3QN

Am 28.08.22 um 21:19 schrieb Wes Stewart via groups.io:

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 10:46 AM, DAVID IW5BNL wrote:
Hi all

I fully agree with Neil.
It's the time to go back to the main purpose of forum: technical topic on Elad products and sdr in general.

Ciao

David
IW5BNL

 Really?  Where do you get that out of: Welcome to official EladSDR (Software Defined Radio) Hardware and Software user and support group.

Doesn't "support" include getting help from ELAD IT and/or ELAD USA (the latter sorely missing) on any ELAD issue?

DAVID IW5BNL

For issue or fault they have in place ticketing system.

Ciao

David
IW5BNL

Il Dom 28 Ago 2022, 19:46 DAVID IW5BNL via groups.io <martini.david.p1=gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
[...]

Ivan Dias

Neil,

I would stay on Facebook if my last message answered was from June. It really worked fine before.

Probably you know that not all Elad customers are from Europe or USA, right? Then, a phone call may not be an option.

I didn't know about the summer break and will wait. If necessary I will complain again, because as I read on the group description, it's an official user and support group.

73

Ivan

Larry Dodd

Hi Ivan,
Yes you have a right to complain for sure. Please remember this not some mega million corporation. Just a few very talented people doing the very best they can and producing excellent equipment for us to enjoy. Do your homework first. Don’t complain just because you can. Lighten up. Then we can all enjoy the ride enjoying the finest SDR radios available.
Thanks to all.
Larry K4LED

_______________________

On Aug 29, 2022, at 6:29 AM, Ivan Dias via groups.io <ivan_sorocaba@...> wrote:

Neil,

I would stay on Facebook if my last message answered was from June. It really worked fine before.

Probably you know that not all Elad customers are from Europe or USA, right? Then, a phone call may not be an option.

I didn't know about the summer break and will wait. If necessary I will complain again, because as I read on the group description, it's an official user and support group.

73

Ivan

Joseph Rodick

REALLY; Groups are for feedback, announcements, issues, and bug fixes are exactly what this forum is for.  You are telling all of us that Elad is too busy to monitor its group forum.  As a previous manager and owner, I have a different perspective.  It strongly appears that Elad's focus is not on amateur radio.  I contacted Elad USA a month ago and promised a response in a couple of days. Will, it has been a month, nothing.  I went to Elad's home page and filled out a form, only to find out that the form was not functional.  In addition, when I tried to call back Elad USA to get an update, nothing.  The phone only rings, and messages are not answered.  I like Franko, and I feel Elad makes a great product, but let's be clear, Elad's focus has appeared to change.  I, however, am hopeful.

Paul NN4F

Joseph,

I posted on here that I did not see any voicemails from you at all, I even posted my personal cell number and still no call from you?

Please call me with your issue at 843.801.5301 you can call anytime up till around 10pm Eastern Time.

Paul EladUSA

--
Paul Jones - NN4F
Email: paul@...