Topics

band width on WSJT-X waterfall issue

Craig Williams KA6RWL

This is hopefully a simple question. I was messing with my FDM-DUO settings and i changed something that has condensed the WSJT-X waterfall bandwidth to only show signals between 1000 and 2000. I made no changes on the WSJT-X program. Can someone steer me to the FDM-DUO setting that can restore this? Normally I have signals spread between 200 and 3000 on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Thanks

Craig
KA6RWL

John Fell

Craig,
Look at the WSJT-X Wide Graph Waterfall Controls  and the box to the right of the Bins/Pixel .The box with Start can be set to alter the Waterfall display frequency width .
Hope that is what you need .
73
John
G0API

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 20:02, Craig Williams KA6RWL <ka6rwl@...> wrote:
This is hopefully a simple question. I was messing with my FDM-DUO settings and i changed something that has condensed the WSJT-X waterfall bandwidth to only show signals between 1000 and 2000. I made no changes on the WSJT-X program. Can someone steer me to the FDM-DUO setting that can restore this? Normally I have signals spread between 200 and 3000 on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Thanks

Craig
KA6RWL

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hard to know what would do this.  I managed to create the same issue by sending CAT command RF221; to the DUO, the output now looks like this:

Query it using RF2;

Reset it to normal using RF211;

I user Comtestserial, but any serial port CAT or macro client will work.

If you are using the output from SW2 rather than direct from the DUO audio device via a VRX or VAC or something, you can set the filters by dragging the IF audio edges around.

Neil G4DBN

On 14/11/2019 22:12, John Fell wrote:
[...]

So I ended up just doing a reset to default and that restored the bandwidth. Not sure what menu item has that effect on the WSJT-X Waterfall but default clears it at least.

Craig
KA6RWL