Audio Settings For FT8

Richard Meal

All,

Grateful for advice. Trying to configure the FDM DUO to work on FT8, all appears well apart from the fact that my PC is not recognising the audio from the radio.

The SW2 software works and JS8call will trigger transmit and receive quite happily, but no recognition of any audio other than the pc cards. Using an HP Elitepad 1000 G2 on Windows 11.

I was under the impression that the FDM DUO fed the audio to the PC via the USB, am I missing something?

Grateful for advice.

Richard M0RGM

phoekzema Hoekzema

Richard,

There has been many request about WSJT-X and interfacing.  Check out the Elad Download web site.  Application Note AN-003 covers the set up for using the Duo with that program.

As for audio to and from the computer, you need a second USB cable running between the (USB TX) on the back of the radio to the computer.  It should show up as { Line(FDM-DUO Audio v1.04)} Under Device Audio inputs and outputs.  That is explained in the App Note.

Best of Luck

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows

Grateful for advice. Trying to configure the FDM DUO to work on FT8, all appears well apart from the fact that my PC is not recognising the audio from the radio.

The SW2 software works and JS8call will trigger transmit and receive quite happily, but no recognition of any audio other than the pc cards. Using an HP Elitepad 1000 G2 on Windows 11.

I was under the impression that the FDM DUO fed the audio to the PC via the USB, am I missing something?

Grateful for advice.

Richard M0RGM

Richard Meal

Thanks Peter, working a treat now. I revisited the cabling to check and was plugged up correctly as you suggested, to find that the TX cable was defective.

 Swapping out for a spare solved the problem.

73s

Richard M0RGM