Topics

ASW-1 antenna

johne tds.net

Have a question on the ASW-1 antenna switch before I order one.

 With the asw-1 in line :

Will the HF transmitter AND the SDR radio receive ?

I can listen to a station on the HF transmitter and on the SDR ?

Thanks , John KØCQW

J Ferrow <ferrox4@...>

I think the real question is will the frequency of the radio follow the sdr (FDM-S2 or any SDR) receivers frequency when used as a panadaptor with the Elad ASW-1 antenna switch?? I would like to know this also as most low cost transceivers don't have an IF output. I just purchased an elad -s2, still waiting on it, and would like to use the elad -s2 as a panadaptor with a transceiver in the future. Its not my sole reason for purchasing the FDM-S2, but it would be nice to know for future use.  Great group!!   Thanks, John

On Monday, May 19, 2014 6:34 PM, "'johne tds.net' johne@... [elad_sdr_en]" wrote:

Have a question on the ASW-1 antenna switch before I order one.

 With the asw-1 in line :

Will the HF transmitter AND the SDR radio receive ?

I can listen to a station on the HF transmitter and on the SDR ?

Thanks , John KØCQW

johne tds.net

 Different question than what you are asking. As to your question , the software has a omi rig area that will control your HF rig.

The FDM-S2 and the FDM-sw2 Software both work excellent. !

Thanks de John KØCQW

On Monday, May 19, 2014 6:34 PM, "'johne tds.net' johne@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

Have a question on the ASW-1 antenna switch before I order one.

 With the asw-1 in line :

Will the HF transmitter AND the SDR radio receive ?

I can listen to a station on the HF transmitter and on the SDR ?

Thanks , John KØCQW

johne tds.net

What my plan is to us the HF rig on a DX net and use the 4 receivers in the FDM-S2 to see the NCDXF/IARU Beacon Transmissions. Effectively will have 5 receivers.

Thanks de John KØCQW

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:34 PM, johne tds.net <johne@...> wrote:
Have a question on the ASW-1 antenna switch before I order one.

 With the asw-1 in line :

Will the HF transmitter AND the SDR radio receive ?

I can listen to a station on the HF transmitter and on the SDR ?

Thanks , John KØCQW

ferrox4@...

Hi John.   So basically your saying you have to tune twice?  First the sdr, then the transceiver?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2014, at 7:03 AM, "'johne tds.net' johne@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

[...]

Don Solberg

Do answer John's original question - NO with the ASW you can not listen to a station on both the HF transceiver and the SDR.  I just bought one and was planning on using it to add a panadapter to an HF transceiver and also to use it as a second receiver.  The ASW only connects the antenna to the HF transceiver on transmit.  On receive the antenna is only connected to the SDR.  I should have read the manual more carefully before I bought the ASW.  It doesn't work for my application.

Don
K9AQ

Clint Chron

Hi Don,

You might want to look at the MFJ 1708B SDR box. In the receive mode, it splits the receive signal between your main transceiver and your SDR receiver.  There will be a 3 db signal loss to each receiver.  In the transmit mode, the transceiver TX signal is connected to the main antenna.

https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1708B-SDR

Note:  The original MFJ-1708 model is not recommended because of RF isolation issues.

73

Clint

W7KEC