Need Tuning Shaft Encoder Information Please!

Dave AD6A

The shaft encoder on my second FDM-DUO is about to fall apart (it's VERY wobbly!).
I'd like to replace it with the correct part.
Can someone give me the manufacturer and part number of the OEM encoder, or the purchasing information for a suitable replacement please?

Cheers,

Dave AD6A

Vianney Colombat

Hello Dave,
encoders part numbers are:
- BOURNS PEC11R-4015F-S24 (main knob),
- BOURNS PEC11R-4215F-S24 (E1 E2 knob).
Perhaps it's just the main knob screw that begins to unscrew.

Vianney

Il 28/01/2018 22:53, dave@... ha scritto:

The shaft encoder on my second FDM-DUO is about to fall apart (it's VERY wobbly!).
I'd like to replace it with the correct part.
Can someone give me the manufacturer and part number of the OEM encoder, or the purchasing information for a suitable replacement please?

Cheers,

Dave AD6A

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Dave AD6A

Thanks Vianney!

The screw is fine - I have taken the knob off and the play is all in the shaft of the encoder.
I'll order a new one and change it out ASAP.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,
Dave AD6A

Clint Chron

I have several home brew signal generators and an Atlas 210X LE that use similar Bourns optical encoders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optical-Encoder-Rotary-Incremental-Flat-Bourns-EM14A1D-C24-L032N-10-Pieces/183005512713?hash=item2a9bfa8409:g:uN8AAOSwmuVaUrr2

Some of the encoders have more wobble than others – and all of them have seen very little use.  My Elad Duo has about the same amount of wobble as my equipment that has the Bourns encoders.   The Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu encoders are always nice and tight.

73

Clint

W7KEC