W2EBY amp with ELAD FDM DUO #eladduo

Ranjith Unnikrishnan

Hello Group

Did any one try the W2EBY amp with the ELAD FDM DUO ?

Also what is the class of the final amp stage in FDM DUO.  class E or AB ?

Any inputs welcome

Thanks
73
jith
VU2OY

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

Hi jith,

DUO finals are class AB.

W2EBY is similar (2x IRF510) to the "old" HF-Packer Amp which I own.

Care has to be taken to adjust RF Output from the DUO to appropriate level
( one or two watts), depending on the level of attenuation provided by the
input power attenuator of your particular Amp.

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 22.05.22 um 18:06 schrieb Ranjith Unnikrishnan:

Hello Group

Did any one try the W2EBY amp with the ELAD FDM DUO ?

Also what is the class of the final amp stage in FDM DUO.  class E or AB ?

Any inputs welcome

Thanks
73
jith
VU2OY

Ranjith Unnikrishnan

Thanks Klaus

I was thinking of getting one for in shack use.

I will get one and revert back with issues if any.

Regards

73
Jith
VU2OY/W2AOY

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

Hi Jith,

You are welcome.

I would like to recommend reading through all the DUO documentation
beforehand in order to have a complete picture about the functionality
and some "specialties" (e.g. FW update process) of the DUO plus the
SW-2 Software.

There was a product review of the DUO in QST May 2016 which is also
worth reading.
In case you have no access to that, let me know (mycall at web.de).

I have my DUO now for about 6 years and it has performed flawlessly
so far. I am still very pleased with the unit.

73 and take care.

Klaus, DK3QN

Am 24.05.22 um 05:33 schrieb Ranjith Unnikrishnan:

Thanks Klaus

I was thinking of getting one for in shack use.

I will get one and revert back with issues if any.

Regards

73
Jith
VU2OY/W2AOY

Ranjith Unnikrishnan

Hello Klaus

Thanks again

Your website has a wealth of information, especially the note to the begineers.

73

Jith
VU2OY/W2AOY

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

Hi Jith,

Please excuse, I haven't updated my website since years :-(
but this task is on my "to do" list for later this year.

You may check my webpage at qrz.com which is a bit more up to date :-)

73 and take care!

Klaus, DK3QN