PN of the FDM-S3 TCXO and OCXO.

Vianney Colombat

No, the DUO uses a PTH TCXO 10MHz crystal.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 29/04/2022 16:39, Paul Andrews ha scritto:

Vianney,

Is this the same crystal used in the FDM-DUO transceiver?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:26 AM Vianney Colombat <vianney@...> wrote:

I'm not an expert on this matter so I will give you the information I have.

TCXO version has a SMD TAITIEN TT Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:
    - 100Hz : typ. -130 dBc/Hz,
    - 1kHz : typ. -145 dBc/Hz,
    - 10kHz : typ. -154 dBc/Hz.

OCXO version has a PTH TAITIEN NI Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:
    - 1Hz : typ. -95 dBc/Hz,
    - 10Hz : typ. -125 dBc/Hz,
    - 100Hz : typ. -140 dBc/Hz,
    - 1kHz : typ. -148 dBc/Hz,
    - 10kHz : typ. -152 dBc/Hz.

A fact to know is that for the choice of the S3 oscillator the important was to have in that order, a good accuracy, a good precision and then correct reception performances.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. It is different regarding the receiver performance because there is an Si5338 which generates the internal needed clocks.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 26/04/2022 11:33, Vianney Colombat ha scritto:

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Il 21/04/2022 11:41, Conrad, PA5Y ha scritto:

Sorry I should have changed the title.

Hello Vianney, I have asked Elad twice about the PN performance of the TCXO and OCXO of the FDM- S3 without a response. Can you please help with this?

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

--
Paul Andrews
SVP - Business Development

--

[...]