PN of the FDM-S3 TCXO and OCXO.

Vianney Colombat

No, the DUO uses a PTH TCXO 10MHz crystal.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 29/04/2022 16:39, Paul Andrews ha scritto:

Vianney,

Is this the same crystal used in the FDM-DUO transceiver?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:26 AM Vianney Colombat <vianney@...> wrote:

I'm not an expert on this matter so I will give you the information I have.

TCXO version has a SMD TAITIEN TT Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:
    - 100Hz : typ. -130 dBc/Hz,
    - 1kHz : typ. -145 dBc/Hz,
    - 10kHz : typ. -154 dBc/Hz.

OCXO version has a PTH TAITIEN NI Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:
    - 1Hz : typ. -95 dBc/Hz,
    - 10Hz : typ. -125 dBc/Hz,
    - 100Hz : typ. -140 dBc/Hz,
    - 1kHz : typ. -148 dBc/Hz,
    - 10kHz : typ. -152 dBc/Hz.

A fact to know is that for the choice of the S3 oscillator the important was to have in that order, a good accuracy, a good precision and then correct reception performances.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. It is different regarding the receiver performance because there is an Si5338 which generates the internal needed clocks.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 26/04/2022 11:33, Vianney Colombat ha scritto:

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Il 21/04/2022 11:41, Conrad, PA5Y ha scritto:

Sorry I should have changed the title.

Hello Vianney, I have asked Elad twice about the PN performance of the TCXO and OCXO of the FDM- S3 without a response. Can you please help with this?

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

--
Paul Andrews
SVP - Business Development
TelVue Corporation
1-800-885-8886 x102

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Paul Andrews <pandrews@...>

Vianney,

Is this the same crystal used in the FDM-DUO transceiver?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:26 AM Vianney Colombat <vianney@...> wrote:

TCXO version has a SMD TAITIEN TT Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:

OCXO version has a PTH TAITIEN NI Crystal Oscillator with these Phase Noise parameters:

A fact to know is that for the choice of the S3 oscillator the important was to have in that order, a good accuracy, a good precision and then correct reception performances.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. It is different regarding the receiver performance because there is an Si5338 which generates the internal needed clocks.

Regards,

Vianney

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Hello Vianney, I have asked Elad twice about the PN performance of the TCXO and OCXO of the FDM- S3 without a response. Can you please help with this?

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Paul Andrews
SVP - Business Development
TelVue Corporation
1-800-885-8886 x102

Conrad, PA5Y

All understood, thank you.

Conrad PA5Y

From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> On Behalf Of Vianney Colombat via groups.io
Sent: 29 April 2022 14:33
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] PN of the FDM-S3 TCXO and OCXO.

The answer is yes to the three questions.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 29/04/2022 09:47, Conrad, PA5Y ha scritto:

Hello Vianny, thank you. Both of those oscillators are good as expected, the OCXO is very nice close in. I do not fully understand the last sentence.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. Does this mean that the 10MHz output which is derived from the OCXO has the same characteristics? I assume therefore that the OCXO is 10MHz? The 122.88MHz clock is generated by the Si5338 and therefore this determines the RX performance. I think that is what you mean?

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to getting my S3, I should have it early next week. I still use a Perseus as my benchmark RX!

Conrad PA5Y

From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> On Behalf Of Vianney Colombat via groups.io
Sent: 29 April 2022 09:26

Regards,

Vianney

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

Vianney Colombat

The answer is yes to the three questions.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 29/04/2022 09:47, Conrad, PA5Y ha scritto:

Hello Vianny, thank you. Both of those oscillators are good as expected, the OCXO is very nice close in. I do not fully understand the last sentence.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. Does this mean that the 10MHz output which is derived from the OCXO has the same characteristics? I assume therefore that the OCXO is 10MHz? The 122.88MHz clock is generated by the Si5338 and therefore this determines the RX performance. I think that is what you mean?

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to getting my S3, I should have it early next week. I still use a Perseus as my benchmark RX!

Conrad PA5Y

Regards,

Vianney

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

Conrad, PA5Y

Conrad PA5Y

Regards,

Vianney

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Vianney Colombat

Regards,

Vianney

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Conrad, PA5Y

Still no reply! Either on here or by official channels. I cannot believe that you do not know this information.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> On Behalf Of Conrad, PA5Y via groups.io
Sent: 21 April 2022 11:41
Subject: [EladSDR] PN of the FDM-S3 TCXO and OCXO.

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

Vianney Colombat

Hello, I will try.

Vianney

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow

--
Vianney Colombat
ELAD Italy

Conrad, PA5Y

Many thanks

Conrad Farlow