Roger Beep on ELAD FDM-DUO and FDM-SW2 #eladsw2

EA4HRV

Edited

hello good gentlemen
I am the owner of ELAD FDM-DUO (a gift from my family) and also new to this world of radio amateurs, 7 months as an amateur
my question is: my friends have roger beep on their stations
  has roger beep function in ELAD FDM-DUO and FDM-SW2 ??

Thank you

phoekzema Hoekzema

Hello,

1. I don’t know of any “roger beep” with the Elad Duo.
  2. You can match or Tye the transmitter function to any of the 4/8 virtual receivers, although with CW because of computer delays, I recommend that you work with the hardware rx/tx and use vrx1 for help in tuning the frequency.  Check with the FDM-SW two manual on the linking the TX to VRX? ..  It is only a mouse button push away.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 9:17 AM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: [EladSDR] Roger Beep on ELAD FDM-DUO and FDM-SW2

hello good gentlemen

I am the owner of ELAD FDM-DUO (a gift from my family) and also new to this world of radio amateurs, 7 months as an amateur

my question is: my friends have roger beep on their stations

has roger beep function in ELAD FDM-DUO and FDM-SW2 ??

and the second question: in FDM-SW there are 4 virtual receivers RX1, RX2, RX3 AND RX4 and only RX1 can be used in TX

How can I activate RX2, RX3, RX4 to use in tx or only one receiver can I use in TX and all 3 only for listening?

Thank you

Simon

Also please no roger beep..it causes “ issues” on ham bands..

If using on 11 m,( nothing wrong with 11m!) then do as you like, but you will get grief if you use on ham bands..everyone will think your a cber without a license..you will get grief..
Plus if “ beep” too loud will “splatter”..that will not make you friends!

Just saying..Simon

EA4HRV

Hi Simon
first: I did not ask you if you have a license or not, you never know who you communicate with if you want to help people you help
I have several CB stations etc ... and I wanted to know if this Transceiver Elad has option roge beep
I am a person who respects the law and also the radio amateurs
I do not like to bother others
I only use and enjoy 11M band and the rest I listen to band
thanks

Simon

Hi

No need to get defensive

I asked as I assumed you had a new ham license as you did hint to this.

I was giving good advice..

I did not put down 11m..so take no offence please..nothing wrong with 11m i said, i stand by that.

The elad is not a cb.. it obviously does not have a roger bleep..

So if you want a roger bleep then then you will need to either use it standalone with a roger bleep mic wired to the elad or not bother..( unless you are using elad software and can write code to add..)

So ..now.. if you like cb and ssb then go for ham license.we dont bit you know..you will be welcome. ( without a roger bleep..( joking..)

Simon

Simon

Hi

I ment to say we won’t bite you.(.not bit you.)

I started on 11m..not ashamed of that..50 yrs ago! Got ham license when 14 after working over the Atlantic with a handheld 2 channel ( illegal here at the time) cb at 9yrs old! That inspired me..

By the way good family to give you an elad duo!! So under used on 11m by the way..

Regards Simon

EA4HRV

Hi Simon
Thanks for your help (you are right, roger beep is not used, it is annoying for others if you do not know how to configure the beep so as not to disturb)
Here in Madrid we are a lot, a lot that we use 11m band
I really like ham radio
in a short time I get my license but work prevents me at the moment
I am a mechanic electronis cars
at the moment I enjoy and learn

thanks

Neil Smith G4DBN

Roger beep is a very useful facility for ultraweak signal SSB contesting on microwaves and for aircraft scatter where you are running ten-second timed overs like in SSB meteorscatter. You have to find a way to ensure the transmitter hangs after PTT release, then either play a prerecorded tone or send a CAT command sequence to change frequency and then set/reset TUNE mode or perhaps send a prerecorded CW dash.

The usual approach seems to be to use an external box which intercepts the PTT and keeps the real PTT line held low and injects a tone into the microphone line, but as Simon said, you have to be very careful about levels if you do that. Also you can get problems with noise pickup on the microphone line.

Perhaps it is possible to use the rising edge of the PTT line to trigger a PIC or Arduino to send the necessary sequence into the EXTIO port. It could get tricky though if a command is missed as then you could end up walking away from your chosen frequency.

Certainly worth having a think about bulletproof ways to achieve it without direct tone injection into the microphone input.  I can't think of a way from within SW2 to detect when the PTT is dropped and then trigger playing of a WAV file while extending the PTT without using a hardware interface.  Sounds like a fun project for a dark winter's evening

Neil G4DBN

EA4HRV

Edited

hello Neil Smith G4DBN
thanks for your help
I like tinkering with this FDM-DUO, I'm sure I learn a lot
this week i try to get the roger beep (i think !!)
of course with your help
trying we learn things
thanks

John K5MO

Friends don't let friends use "Roger Beeps"    :-)

John K5MO

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM barto45 <cristiandreea35@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

hello Neil Smith G4DBN
thanks for your help
I like tinkering with this FDM-DUO, I'm sure I learn a lot
this week i try to get the roger beep (i think !!)
of course with your help
trying we learn things
thanks

Simon

Hi Cristian

Look forward to working you when you have your ham license..( hopefully without a roger bleep..😀)

Simon g0zen

EA4HRV

thanks
(73,51)