FDM-DUO rear panel

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

Page 9 of user manual : 3 - RF Output Connector SMA 50 Ohm connector. 0dBm transmission signal.
Can I understand that a 0dBm transmission signal can always be taken from that SMA connector, even when the transceiver cannot transmit, for exemple when it is tuned out of a Ham Band?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Tony EI8JK

Hi Pierre
Yes the 0dB output works on all frequencies and is modulated by whatever mode you have selected. Very useful for connecting a transverter.
Tony, EI8JK

On 25/06/2021 04:26, Pierre FK8IH wrote:
Page 9 of user manual : 3 - RF Output Connector SMA 50 Ohm connector. 0dBm transmission signal.
Can I understand that a 0dBm transmission signal can always be taken from that SMA connector, even when the transceiver cannot transmit, for exemple when it is tuned out of a Ham Band?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

As Tony has already written, the 0 dBm output has no band limits.

However, you need to set menu 33 (TXOUT) accordingly to make the 0 dBm port active.

Menu 31 is "number of antennas used".

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 25.06.2021 um 05:26 schrieb Pierre FK8IH:

Page 9 of user manual : 3 - RF Output Connector SMA 50 Ohm connector. 0dBm transmission signal.
Can I understand that a 0dBm transmission signal can always be taken from that SMA connector, even when the transceiver cannot transmit, for exemple when it is tuned out of a Ham Band?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Paul Andrews

I plan to use my FDM-DUO at 70 MHz as an IF for a transverter.

In Europe will the FDM-DUO operate in the 70 MHz band?  Or is 50 MHz the hardware limit?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

--
Paul Andrews
SVP - Sales & Marketing

Andy G4JNT

It works at 70MHz Tx on the 0dBm output perfectly well.   On Rx  a) don't forget to switch out the LP filter, and b) you need to filter out the alias response at 50.88MHz
See  http://www.g4jnt.com/FDM-DUO_at_VHF.pdf   for more about using this radio at 70 and 144MHz

More on the FDM-Duo generally at http://www.g4jnt.com/FDM-DUO_Notes.htm

On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 at 15:03, Paul Andrews <pandrews@...> wrote:
[...]

Andy,