Elad FDM Duo

ian Hatton (via Dropbox)

Hi Guys
I have just purchased a 2nd hand Elad FDM Duo I have it up and running with FDM-sw2 software but cannot get the CAT to work once I plug the usb lead into the cat port it makes the bleep sound but does not search or install any drivers ??? I have tried different usb ports leads everything ?? just cant figure this one out no commport showing in device mangaer any help much appreciated
rgds Ian

Antony Watts

To use FDM-SW2 you only need one USB connection, to the RX port. This carries spectrum info to your PC display and CAT commands (tune, band etc) back to your DUO.

You can use the other two USB connections TX (digital audio in/out) and CAT (internal USB <-> TTL logic) separately from, for example, WSJT program to control the DUO.

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Ian, did you use the full install version of SW2? Have you tried the drivers in http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-DUO/Drivers/USB_CAT_PORT/index.php?lang=EN

A quick search of the message archive shows a fair number of messages about USB CAT drivers.  It should be an FTDI USB Serial converter, and create a COM port once the driver is recognised. Do you see any unknown or erroring devices?

Visitors arriving here, so tied up now, I'm sure others can help.

Best to include the firmware versions and SW2 version when asking for help, you can get the versions from menu 84 on the DUO.

Neil

On 26/05/2021 22:48, ian Hatton (via Dropbox) via groups.io wrote:
Hi Guys
I have just purchased a 2nd hand Elad FDM Duo I have it up and running with FDM-sw2 software but cannot get the CAT to work once I plug the usb lead into the cat port it makes the bleep sound but does not search or install any drivers ??? I have tried different usb ports leads everything ?? just cant figure this one out no commport showing in device mangaer any help much appreciated
rgds Ian
_.