FDMDUO and a BUG keyer #fdm-duo

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Anyone help?
I can't seem to get the FDM-DUO recognize my (new to me) bug!
All I get is 'dits'!
It's not the bug because I have it working with my CTX-10 and X5105.
Or is it not compatible?

Dave KK7SS

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Dave, have you got Menu 37 set to PAD instead of KEY perhaps?

Neil G4DBN

On 26/11/2020 00:12, David KK7SS wrote:
Anyone help?
I can't seem to get the FDM-DUO recognize my (new to me) bug!
All I get is 'dits'!
It's not the bug because I have it working with my CTX-10 and X5105.
Or is it not compatible?

Dave KK7SS
_

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Neil,
Got it set to KEY..
Dave KK7SS

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Can someone explain to me the settings of menu items 37,38 and 39 for a bug?
Also, any setting I'm missing?
I'm getting the keyer no matter what I try  :-(

Dave KK7SS

phoekzema Hoekzema

If it is a true bug, it has only two wires and the radio would look at it as a straight key, so menu 37 would be set to KEY.

Menu 38 would be set to the release delay, short time for break=in, longer time for Semi=break-in.  Personal preference here.

Menu 39 selects on how you wired the jack, is the hot (above ground) wire connected to tip or ring.

That is what the three menu items do.

Best

Pete WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

#37, CW IN, should be set to = Key
#38, CW DELAY (in ms), up to your liking (like in VOX, delay after finishing a CW element/word)
#39, CW KEY, TIP or RING, for a Bug: you only have 2 lines connected from the Bug:
ground and key line.
For the DUO however, you'd need a 3-pole 3.5mm stereo plug, where the key line (hot) is connected
to either the tip or the ring of that 3.5mm plug, which can then be selected in this menu 39.

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 02.12.2020 um 22:08 schrieb David KK7SS:

Can someone explain to me the settings of menu items 37,38 and 39 for a bug?
Also, any setting I'm missing?
I'm getting the keyer no matter what I try  :-(

Dave KK7SS

Neil Smith G4DBN

My Menu 37 is set to "KEY+DTR".  I have DTR so I can send CW from contest loggers like N1MM and Tucnak as well as a straight key, Vibroplex and external keyer.

38 and 38 as the others have already said. I run 260ms delay but only because I use it on 10 GHz and there is a big waveguide relay which takes time to flip over!".

Neil G4DBN

On 02/12/2020 21:08, David KK7SS wrote:

Can someone explain to me the settings of menu items 37,38 and 39 for a bug?
Also, any setting I'm missing?
I'm getting the keyer no matter what I try  :-(

Dave KK7SS

_._,_

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

My thanks to all who replied..

I'll be trying the suggestions tomorrow..

Dave KK7SS

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Bug working with my FDM-DUO...  My thanks to all
Happy Dance  :-)