Level Meter reading on alias products

Andy G4JNT

When using alias products on receive, ( eg at 144MHz), what does the level meter show when set to dBm ?

ie.  does it automatically take into account the SINC(X) loss

Paul Andrews <pandrews@...>

Where can I learn.about aliasing products.  I own 2 x FDM Duos.  #1 is on my 432 / 1296 MHz EME system.  I use a 28 MHz IF and transverters.  This is a awesome system for EME.

My #2 Duo is configured for 144 MHz and interconnected to a 10 GHz transverter.

This is my 1st try with 10 GHz so there might be multiple items to optimize.

Is using the Duo at 144 MHz a poor choice for weak signal work?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 14:57 Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
When using alias products on receive, ( eg at 144MHz), what does the level meter show when set to dBm ?

ie.  does it automatically take into account the SINC(X) loss

Neil Smith G4DBN

Have a look at the PDFs at http://g4jnt.com/FDM-DU0_Notes.htm
(yes, that is a zero)
Neil G4DBN

On 13 Jul 2020, at 02:33, Paul Andrews <pandrews@...> wrote:

Where can I learn.about aliasing products.  I own 2 x FDM Duos.  #1 is on my 432 / 1296 MHz EME system.  I use a 28 MHz IF and transverters.  This is a awesome system for EME.

My #2 Duo is configured for 144 MHz and interconnected to a 10 GHz transverter.

This is my 1st try with 10 GHz so there might be multiple items to optimize.

Is using the Duo at 144 MHz a poor choice for weak signal work?

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 14:57 Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
When using alias products on receive, ( eg at 144MHz), what does the level meter show when set to dBm ?

ie.  does it automatically take into account the SINC(X) loss

Andy G4JNT

Well-spotted that man !!!!!!!!!
I've copied in an identical page with DUO spelt correctly - both will be accepted now.

IMGK2623xx.jpg

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 02:59, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
[...]

OOPs, wrong copy and paste -
Here's what I MEANT to post :-)

Nice picture of Neowise at 0130 this morning tho