ART-60 Spectrum display #duo-art

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

My current Spectrum display range is from 0dBm to -110dBm.
Which parameter do I alter to get it to display -20dBm to -110dBm?
I can't seem to get it right !
Thanks..

Bob G3PJT <bob@...>

Yes it is a bit tricky but my notes say that 'Lev' sets the top line of the display.
Hope that helps
Bob G3PJT

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Bob,
That helped a bit..
My DUO has a noise floor at about -120dBm
With my QTH and antenna I'm probably never going to get a signal above -30dBm.
I was trying to set those limits..
Had a stab at it this morning and gave up..
I can move the display up and down but can't seem to stretch it..
Such is life in the fast lane  Hi

73 de

Dave G.  KK7SS

Simon

-120 envious!!!

David KK7SS <d3j452@...>

Simon,
That's with the dummy load... just internally generated noise!
Quite noisy on my vertical - S6-S9 on 40M !
100ft from the main road intersection, street lights, power lines, traffic lights, etc.
Mercury and Sodium lights at the school 280 ft away!
And one of my neighbors has a plasma TV..
But it could be worse - I could be in an housing area with antenna bans  LOL

Dave KK7SS

Simon

Ah ok!!!!

Then u need an active loop antenna..lz1aq amp design is GOOD

Use 4 square loops plus one set at 90 degrees to get 90 degree steering..and also a preferred homebrew noise canceller/ phaser..

I live in very built up london..s3-5 noise on active loop on 160..s5-7 on tx mag loop..

Simon