Hey folks,
I finally purchased an FDM-Duo from Ebay (fingers crossed) which should arrive in a few days. It is coming from the EU (Germany) and I'm wondering if there's any TX restrictions on frequencies based on EU/US band plans that may require firmware updates.

Paul Jones

You can download a new bandplan from our download site at eladit.com

Select you country and download

On May 28, 2020, at 23:25, Hose via groups.io <the1hose@...> wrote:

´╗┐Hey folks,
I finally purchased an FDM-Duo from Ebay (fingers crossed) which should arrive in a few days. It is coming from the EU (Germany) and I'm wondering if there's any TX restrictions on frequencies based on EU/US band plans that may require firmware updates.

Hose

Got it... Thanks

Hose

Paul, I've postponed this task until now, to give me time to finish my shack @ home. So now downloaded 'Bandplan US 2.0'. The app connects to the radio but will not allow me to write to the radio.
" FDM-DUO firmware version not enabled to update bandplan"
I look through the manual for a setting to allow this and only found "menu 80" but not sure I'm on target here and don't want to brick this puppy.

Can you help here...

PS:
I reset the radio to factory defaults and the current firmware versions are:
UI=3.00, FGA=2.00, USB=4.07, RX=1.00, TX=1.02