No menu item 54?? trying to get WSJT-X to work, hamlib error etc

Jim Cowburn G&NKS

Hi All

I'm trying to get my FDM duo to work with  WSJT (an old  problem I know, but i'm a late starter).  I read that you can set PTT to RTS in menu item 54.  The only problem is that i  only have menu items up to 53 then it jumps to 70?? What am  i doing worng?

Cheers    Jim G7NKS IO92ub

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Jim, if you are using WSJT-10 or earlier for EME or something, then you need to sort this, but if you are using a recent WSJT-X then just pick FDM-DUO as the radio type and use CAT PTT.

Have you updated the firmware recently? What version of firmware is showing for UI/USB/TX/RX etc when you look on Menu 84 on the DUO?

Neil G4DBN

On 03/05/2020 13:13, Jim Cowburn G&NKS wrote:
Hi All

I'm trying to get my FDM duo to work with  WSJT (an old  problem I know, but i'm a late starter).  I read that you can set PTT to RTS in menu item 54.  The only problem is that i  only have menu items up to 53 then it jumps to 70?? What am  i doing worng?

Cheers    Jim G7NKS IO92ub

Jim Cowburn G&NKS

thats what it was!  old firmware.. uploaded new and now working a treat! thanks loads