DRM #fdm-sw2

Morris G1PIB

Regarding DRM reception , as most users knoe there are new DRM modes coming up for AM - FM
India - China - USA? I would be willing to pay for the latest decoder ( all modes ) to be incorporated in SW2 ..
perhaps there will an option to come when the Duo X go into production ( I hope )
Catching DX DRM from far of europe would in what ever DRM mode be a bonus..
More power to Elad if this happens ..this one radio never to be  parted with.. ( FDM-Duo)
It still amazes me on it's capabilities.. DRM hunter looking  to the future..

Everyone stay safe ...see  you all on the other side...of this ...

Chris Mackerell

If you want to decode the new modes the best option at the moment
is to buy your own KiwiSDR. The KiwiSDR software decodes the
new modes.

There are some newer "consumer" radios that decode the new
modes for India, but they are not very good for radios
otherwise.

The Dream software does not yet decode the new modes. A very
small number of people have managed to patch & compile the
modified source code. I have tried myself several times on Windows 10,
but never with total success :-(

Cheers, Chris

--
Chris Mackerell, Sandy Bay-Marahau Road, Marahau
RD 2, Motueka 7197, New Zealand chris@owdjim.gen.nz

Paul Jones

We ae looking at incorporating the latest DRM codecs into SW2, but we have to work with Fraunhofer to get the right codecs, it’s not a simple plug and play unfortunately

And at the moment over here is the USA, DRM is still hardly used, only Radio Marti is only “testing” at the moment, and that’s about it.

Have a Radiolutionary Day!
Paul

--

Paul Jones - Elad USA Sales & Technical Support (USA)

FDM-Duo, Duo-Art, FDM-DUOR,  FDM-S3, FDM-S2, FDM-S2, FDM-SW2, T-Mate

Visit http://www.eladit.com for the full range of Elad Products or USA Sales : https://shop.elad-usa.com/

Email Support Group - https://groups.io/g/EladSDR

Sales Phone: 312.320.8160

Support Email: support@... Sales Email: sales@...
Personal Email: Paul@...

Regarding DRM reception , as most users knoe there are new DRM modes coming up for AM - FM
India - China - USA? I would be willing to pay for the latest decoder ( all modes ) to be incorporated in SW2 ..
perhaps there will an option to come when the Duo X go into production ( I hope )
Catching DX DRM from far of europe would in what ever DRM mode be a bonus..
More power to Elad if this happens ..this one radio never to be  parted with.. ( FDM-Duo)
It still amazes me on it's capabilities.. DRM hunter looking  to the future..

Everyone stay safe ...see  you all on the other side...of this ...

Paul Andrews

Paul,

I locked to the Radio Marti signal today.    The S/N was 14 dB but I didn't hear any audio.

A Fraunhofer dialog opened on the PC running SW2 but nothing interesting appeared.

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 6:50 PM Paul Jones <support@...> wrote:

[...]

SVP - Sales & Marketing
TelVue Corporation
1-800-885-8886 x102

Ted Pater

Hi Chris,
I was listening to a couple of the DRM stations without buying the Kiwi radio.
I logged to the https://sdr.hu website hosting the kiwi sdr radios and got a good reception from Radio Kuwait on 15110kHz , Radio France on 3965kHz and Radio Romania in german. There are many Chinese and Indian stations but I did not found any local Kiwi ham radio server to connect.

73,
Ted VE7VIB

Chris Mackerell

Yes, that's true, but if you want one in your own shack as a DRM
receiver you have to buy one :-)

There are a couple of KiwiSDRs in India run by TWR. Check the
list at http://kiwisdr.com/public/

Since sdr.hu went "ham only" it's not so up-to-date.

Cheers, Chris

On 2020-04-23 15:57, Ted Pater wrote:
Hi Chris,
I was listening to a couple of the DRM stations without buying the Kiwi radio.
I logged to the https://sdr.hu website hosting the kiwi sdr radios and got a good reception from Radio Kuwait on 15110kHz , Radio France on 3965kHz and Radio Romania in german. There are many Chinese and Indian stations but I did not found any local Kiwi ham radio server to connect.
73,
Ted VE7VIB
--
Chris Mackerell, Sandy Bay-Marahau Road, Marahau
RD 2, Motueka 7197, New Zealand chris@owdjim.gen.nz

Richard Langley

Back in February, Radio Öömrang used DRM for one of its annual transmissions to North America using a transmitter at Issoudun in France. It was well received on the east coast. Sometimes Radio Romania International and other broadcasters using DRM can be heard here. And WINB uses DRM pretty well daily.

-- Richard Langley

| Richard B. Langley E-mail: lang@unb.ca |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://gge.unb.ca |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506 453-5142 |
| University of New Brunswick |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3 |
| Fredericton? Where's that? See: http://www.fredericton.ca/ |

We ae looking at incorporating the latest DRM codecs into SW2, but we have to work with Fraunhofer to get the right codecs, it’s not a simple plug and play unfortunately
And at the moment over here is the USA, DRM is still hardly used, only Radio Marti is only “testing” at the moment, and that’s about it.

Have a Radiolutionary Day!
Paul
--
Paul Jones - Elad USA Sales & Technical Support (USA)
[cid:image002.jpg@01D618D6.DB926240]
FDM-Duo, Duo-Art, FDM-DUOR, FDM-S3, FDM-S2, FDM-S2, FDM-SW2, T-Mate
Visit http://www.eladit.com<http://www.eladit.com/> for the full range of Elad Products or USA Sales : https://shop.elad-usa.com/
Support Email: support@elad-usa.com<mailto:support@elad-usa.com> Sales Email: sales@elad-usa.com<mailto:sales@elad-usa.com>
Regarding DRM reception , as most users knoe there are new DRM modes coming up for AM - FM
India - China - USA? I would be willing to pay for the latest decoder ( all modes ) to be incorporated in SW2 ..
perhaps there will an option to come when the Duo X go into production ( I hope )
Catching DX DRM from far of europe would in what ever DRM mode be a bonus..
More power to Elad if this happens ..this one radio never to be parted with.. ( FDM-Duo)
It still amazes me on it's capabilities.. DRM hunter looking to the future..

Everyone stay safe ...see you all on the other side...of this ...

Fred

Has there been any progress on the getting the new DRM decoder codecs to work .