Topics

SDR Consol 3.0.22 now available for Elad FDM Duo #fdm-duo #eladduo

F0ECM

Good morning all,

Elad FDM Duo / Duo R now works with the new SDR Consol v3.0.22 version.

73, Eric F0ECM

Hendrik J. Hamer

Tnx!

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Neil Coley <coleyneil1@...>

I’m on BUT radio and console are not talking to each other!!

Vfo on radio adjusts spectrum on console but each showing different frequencies

I’ll have another go tomorrow but any pointers welcome

Neil

On 12 Apr 2020, at 19:45, F0ECM <st140@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Elad FDM Duo / Duo R now works with the new SDR Consol v3.0.22 version.

<dummyfile.0.part>

73, Eric F0ECM

Neil Smith G4DBN

Seems to work, just need to sort out transverter offsets and transmit sync. Nice that is does up to 999GHz, but I can't find where to create a transverter offset with a DUO. Really it needs a table like in SW2 where you could set it so when you select 10368.200 MHz as the tuning frequency, it automatically sets the offset from a table to 10340.000MHz, and same for all the other bands.  I think there is an offset setting for RTL dongles, so it probably just needs a bit more coding to be added.

Haven't worked out how to get it to transmit CW on the correct frequency, I guess it isn't locked to the standalone, so transmit is wherever the standalone tuning is, rather than where the program is receiving.  Can't find how to mute it on CW TX either. Guess that will need some extra coding.  Also it changed my TXOUT to the 5 watt PA instead of the 0dBm, not sure why it changed that, or what else it has changed. Must be some settings I haven't found yet.

Anyway, early days, but it certainly works on receive. The image is actually the rainscatter signal on 10GHz from GB3PKT in JO01 as received here in IO93

Neil G4DBN

On 12/04/2020 22:17, Neil Coley wrote:
I’m on BUT radio and console are not talking to each other!!

Vfo on radio adjusts spectrum on console but each showing different frequencies

I’ll have another go tomorrow but any pointers welcome

Neil

On 12 Apr 2020, at 19:45, F0ECM <st140@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Elad FDM Duo / Duo R now works with the new SDR Consol v3.0.22 version.

<dummyfile.0.part>

73, Eric F0ECM
http://g4dbn.uk

Neil Coley <coleyneil1@...>

Does anyone have a walk through for set up please?

Stay safe all

Neil

On 12 Apr 2020, at 19:45, F0ECM <st140@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Elad FDM Duo / Duo R now works with the new SDR Consol v3.0.22 version.

<dummyfile.0.part>

73, Eric F0ECM

mike bayard

Edited

i have the receiver working  but seen the statement {There is no transmit support for the FDM DUO, this is a restriction in the support library from ELAD.} on their web site is there a work around being able to run other software would make the elad worth more or am i just missing something ? 73

Kjell-Goran SM4GRP

Hello Mike
You can of course use SDRC for receive and handle transmit settings manually via the DUO frontpanel/menue. What you miss using SDRC is the macro buttons, which I value very much. The possibility to customize the DUO for you own needs via the macros is really great. I think the DUO is a fantastic radio, I have had mine for 5 years now and I love it. I would appreciate it even more if I could use both ELAD's own software SW2 or SDRC. Whichever I prefer from day to day. That would make me value the DUO even more. Hopefully this will happen in the near future. I wouldn't stop using SW2 but would appreciate the possibility to also use SDRC.

73 de Kjell-Goran / SM4GRP