Using SPF-08 with Elad Duo or S2

Otso Ylönen

Hello,

Motivated by this topic I have now couple of SFE boards to play with. The first project is to make a bandpass filter for the OIRT FM band (65-74 MHz). I actually have the filter already and I will now put it on the board so that I can let SW2 to select it based on the configuration on the External HW Settings.

I am now wondering if I can somehow instruct SW2 to bypass the FDM-S2 internal preselector when (and only when) I am on the OIRT band? I do not see such an option on the External HW Settings. If I select the Bypass Mode from Advanced Settings, the preselector will not be on on any frequency band, regardless of what I do on the External HW settings, right?

Should there not be a Bypass tick box for each row you configure on the External HW Settings?

BR, Otso

Clint Chron

Success – thanks to Vianney and Ernst (DL2EBV).  I was using the wrong format in the SPF-08 Frequency table under the Duo Manager GUI of the SW-2 software.

The frequency for each band limit has to be in Hz.  Initially, I tried all the other combinations.

Example:

Filter 1:                 1,8000,000                           2,000,000

The GUI will let you save:

                                1.800                                     2.000

But that is really 1.8 Hz and 2.0 Hz.

Once I configured the table correctly, my test SPE control board worked correctly.  I still cannot see any SPI signals with my scope on the DB9 pins.  I will need to do some more testing.

73

Clint

W7KEC