HLA-150 Disable amp on tune

Mark Stewart <spooter12@...>

Edited

I hooked up my PTT cable to the amp. Set menu 56. Each time I press and hold mode button to initiate a tune cycle, it keys the amp. What am I doing wrong?

Mark Stewart <spooter12@...>

I'm thinking the RF sensing of the HLA-150 isn't disabled by the PTT line. Just a guess.

Mark Stewart <spooter12@...>

Anyone get theirs to work?

Mark Gottlieb <kk2l@...>

You are correct.  The PTT line is not required to operate the HLA-150 since it does have RF sensing. So, the tuning cycle will always activate the amp.  When I use the amp, I want it to key up since that is how I get resonance between the amp and the antenna.  As you probably know, if the amp is not resonant with the antenna, it will automatically go off line.   Excellent amp, BTW.  I was using it on my back deck with the ELAD and was getting 200 watts output on 40m and spot-on 100 watts on 20.

Mark

KK2L

phoekzema Hoekzema

I don’t have a HLA-150.  But for the amp to be disabled during tune, It must be under PTT control, and menu 56 on the DUO should be set to “off”.  Needless to say, don’t use RF sense if you want to disable the amp during tuning.  Also the Duo has TWO power settings, one for while tuning (menu 55) and the other while operating (menu 34).

Hope that helps.

Peter WA7MOX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10