Topics

SEEMS LIKE NO ONE KNOWS..... #duo-art #ft-817

Thomas McQuiggan <m7mcqio83ro@...>

The DUO-ART has a built-in FT-817 INTERFACE Mode, but no FT-817 INTERFACE LEAD!

Seems ridiculous to me, but that's how it is. So you are left to make up your own lead but provided with virtually no information on how to do it.

Looking at the ELAD DUO-ART manual, I can see that I need a female DB9 connector, an 8-pin DIN to suit the 817's ACC socket and a 3.5mm Jack Plug. Ok, that's the easy bit. Now to find out which pins on the RS-232 connector go to which pins on the 8-PIN DIN and which go to the Jack-Plug.

I asked local radio hams (2E0's and G0's) and no one knows, so I asked people on the net who seemed to be very knowledgable about the DUO or the 817, but not both.

So what do I do now? Does anyone in here know which pins go to which? I am perfectly competent at soldering - I just need someone to join the correct pins on the drawing below, to get the DUO-ART's FT-817 INTERFACE functioning.

Thanks
Tom M7MCQ

G8DQX list

Thomas,

it looks as if you're going to have to suss it yourself. The reason that there is no ready-made cable is that the ACC socket is also used for CAT control, and if one wished to keep that , then an adapter cable would be necessary. I'll send you my notes on 817 interfacing directly.

73, HTH,

Robin, G8DQX

On 22/11/2019 20:02, Thomas McQuiggan wrote:

[...]

Paul Jones

Thomas I think you can use a 817 cat cable that is wired up for cat, just waiting on getting this confirmed as the port is dual use

Will get back to you ASAP

Paul EladUSA

On Nov 22, 2019, at 15:02, Thomas McQuiggan <m7mcqio83ro@...> wrote:

[...]

<FT-817-DUOART-INTERFACE.jpg>

[...]