Topics

8-pin microphone adapter for Heil Pro Headset

Kenneth Golubski

Long shot here, but does anyone in the group know of an adapter that can be used for the Heil Pro Headset for the FDM-DUO ?

I have found several for the big name radios, but nothing for the DUO.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Ken, I made up an adaptor for my Pro-7 using a 3.5mm mono inline socket for the mic lead of my existing Kenwood, then used a short end cut off a piece of shielded Cat6 network patch lead with an RJ45.  I added a 1/4 inch in-line socket for the PTT footswitch.  As I use an HC-5 insert, I added a 4.7uF tantalum cap and set the boost to +12dB.  That would not be required with the Heil Icom electret insert of course.

I slipped some glue-lined heatshrink sleeving over the joints and they have been in use for some time with no issues.

Neil G4DBN

On 20/11/2016 17:01, kennyg2482@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Long shot here, but does anyone in the group know of an adapter that can be used for the Heil Pro Headset for the FDM-DUO ?

I have found several for the big name radios, but nothing for the DUO.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

Avast logo

Les Keppie <leskep@...>

You could looking over this site

http://stores.ebay.com.au/SoCal-RF?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Les

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 04:01:55 +1100, kennyg2482@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Long shot here, but does anyone in the group know of an adapter that can be used for the Heil Pro Headset for the FDM-DUO ?

I have found several for the big name radios, but nothing for the DUO.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

Kenneth Golubski

Thanks.

Is there any documentation on the pin-outs for the microphone? I will probably make my own.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

On 11/20/2016 5:10 PM, 'Les Keppie' leskep@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

You could looking over this site

Les

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 04:01:55 +1100, kennyg2482@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Long shot here, but does anyone in the group know of an adapter that can be used for the Heil Pro Headset for the FDM-DUO ?

I have found several for the big name radios, but nothing for the DUO.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

Ken

“If ye love … the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

Meinolf Braeutigam

For making an adapter by your own you may find the pinout of the microphone connector
e.g. in the FDM DUO Manual v.2.3 EN on page 11.

vy 73
Meinolf - DC6SV

Kenneth Golubski

Thanks to all who have replied !!