Topics

HC-05 Bluetooth chip stuck in Programming mode.... (Blue DUO)

Chet Roberts

I wanted to program a couple more HC-05 Bluetooth chips for some fellow hams, but unlike my earlier purchases, these chips start in Programming mode (slow flashing red LED) and I cannot figure out how to get them into OPERATE mode.  These are the chips that have the tiny microswitch on the board.
I'm using a Raspberry Pi running Cutecom to do the programming.
Thoughts?
Chet K8KIZ

Chet Roberts

OK, thanks to fellow ham and FDM-DUO user Dave Kennett's suggestion, I have a resolution to my problem!
This HC-05 module appears to operate differently than other HC-05 modules I have purchased.
With this version of the HC-05:
1) There is no flashing blue LED by the antenna end
2) It automatically goes into Programming mode when a wire is attached to the EN pin on the chip.
When the wire is removed from EN pin, the module goes into Operate mode.
I was then able to find the BLUEDUO signal on my Android device.
This info may be useful info for others....
Chet K8KIZ