CAT protocol problem with fdm-sw2

Michele

Hi there!
I'm writting a little utility to control the fdm-sw2 via cat protocol, but i'm stuck with the command 0x01 (Set LO Frequency).

Can you explain with an example how the 4 bytes must be encoded?

For example, a frequency of 153.123678 Mhz correspond to 4 bytes...can tell me those 4 bytes?!?!
I get strange frequency with my code...so i must know at least one "4 bytes" sequence.

Many thanks!

The other commands are fine.

Michele

or maybe there's a bug in the fdm-sw2 ?

can someone check?

Franco Milan

Hi,

the FDM-SW2 use the CAT protocol of YAESU FT-897, that do not allow resolution down to 1Hz for frequency above 100MHZ.

For more accurate frequency setting I suggest to prepare for the TCP/IP server. Maybe tomorrow we will release new FDM-SW2 release with some corrections.

73, Franco IU3ADL

On 26/ago/2015, at 18:49, smile_k@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

Hi there!
I'm writting a little utility to control the fdm-sw2 via cat protocol, but i'm stuck with the command 0x01 (Set LO Frequency).

Can you explain with an example how the 4 bytes must be encoded?

For example, a frequency of 153.123678 Mhz correspond to 4 bytes...can tell me those 4 bytes?!?!
I get strange frequency with my code...so i must know at least one "4 bytes" sequence.

Many thanks!

The other commands are fine.

Michele

Thanks for the info, but please..... Can you tell me those 4 bytes?
I'm stuck with only this command.....

--
Inviato da Libero Mail per Android

mercoledì, 26 agosto 2015, 07:57p. +0200 da "'team_elad@...">team_elad@...' team_elad@...">team_elad@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...>:

[...]

Henry

Hello,
send byte values of
$15 $31 $23 $67 $01
= 21 49 35 103 1 dec.
This is BCD format. The frequency digits are represented in the nibbles.
As said, the resolution is only 10 Hz.

There is a CAT overview in the user manual on the download site.
http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-S2%20Sampler/elad%20fdm-s2%20user%20manual%20rev%201.05.pdf

---In elad_sdr_en@..., <smile_k@...> wrote :

For example, a frequency of 153.123678 Mhz correspond to 4 bytes...can tell me those 4 bytes?!?!

Andrea IW0HDV

On Aug 26, 2015 7:59 PM, "smile_k@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

[...]

Do you read the FDM-SW2 user manual Annex A?  maybe it is not clear enough? there is also an example.

73, Franco IU3ADL

On 26/ago/2015, at 19:59, smile_k@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, i've read it.... But i always get weird freqs.
For me, the problem is ONLY on that command....
It's frustrating 😩
Gotta try tomorrow... It's 12hrs that i'm stuck on this

--

mercoledì, 26 agosto 2015, 09:44p. +0200 da "'team_elad@...">team_elad@...' team_elad@...">team_elad@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...>:

[...]

mmm….. CF lock?

Franco IU3ADL

On 26/ago/2015, at 21:49, smile_k@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard Langley

When I wrote a Python script to automatically log the S-meter values on a particular frequency at specified time intervals, I found that I had to first send a command to set the LO frequency and then a second command to set the tune frequency. I also had to be careful about the decimal frequency conversion to a string of hex byte values (to which the CAT command was appended) and then into a byte string​ and then into a byte array, which was sent out the virtual serial port. Might be an easier way to do it but that approach worked for me.

-- Richard Langley

| Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: lang@...         |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://gge.unb.ca      |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142   |
| University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943   |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3                                        |
|        Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.fredericton.ca/       |