SW2, V1.96: D-RES

reillyjf@...

What is D-RES, and what does it do? What does it stand for?

Thanks,

  - John, N0TA

Franco Milan

Hi John,

D-RES mean Digital Resonator filters that can be added to the narrow CW filter that improve CW reception.

73
Franco IU3ADL

On 14/giu/2015, at 20:33, reillyjf@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

What is D-RES, and what does it do? What does it stand for?

Thanks,

  - John, N0TA

daiche@...

Hi Franco,

What has changed in V1.96 from V1.94. I haven't seen a description of the new version.

Dave Aichelman     N7NZH     Grants Pass, Oregon

Les Keppie <leskep@...>

Look here

http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-DUO/Firmware%20Releases/elad_fdm_duo_current_release_2015_06_11.pdf

Les

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:54:53 +1000, daiche@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Hi Franco,

What has changed in V1.96 from V1.94. I haven't seen a description of the new version.

Dave Aichelman     N7NZH     Grants Pass, Oregon

Joerg Marotzke

Hello Franco,

would you please explain, how is the new TCP Server to set up. Is this in exchange for the usb web server?

Thanks!
Joerg, DL2VL

Franco Milan

Joerg,

from this release there will be active a TCP server for receiving CAT commands on SW2.
This will help some requests that needs to remote set and get data from external applications instead of using CAT with virtual serial port.
New Server will receive a similar command set of the FDM-DUO (Kenwood) CAT protocol but based on TCP messages.
On release 1.96 there are only few commands available like FA00010000000; that set the frequency of center frequency to 10MHz.
If somebody wants to try,  can use a Hercules TCP client  (http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html) and try to send the command FA…
As soon as some commands will be ready we will document.

73

Franco IU3ADL

On 17/giu/2015, at 09:53, dl2vl@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

Hello Franco,

would you please explain, how is the new TCP Server to set up. Is this in exchange for the usb web server?

Thanks!
Joerg, DL2VL

Richard Langley

This is great news! Will it be possible to have a command to retrieve higher-resolution signal-strength readings (better than just the single-digit S-meter values)?
Thanks.
-- Richard Langley

On 17/giu/2015, at 09:53, dl2vl@arcor.de [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello Franco,

would you please explain, how is the new TCP Server to set up. Is this in exchange for the usb web server?

Thanks!
Joerg, DL2VL

| Richard B. Langley E-mail: lang@unb.ca |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://gge.unb.ca/ |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506 453-5142 |
| University of New Brunswick Fax: +1 506 453-4943 |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3 |
| Fredericton? Where's that? See: http://www.fredericton.ca/ |

Franco Milan

Yes Richard,

[...]