HELP!!!!!! FDM-DUO & DUO-ART sounds muted #duo-art

Thomas McQuiggan <m7mcqio83ro@...>

Hi all, I REALLY HOPE that someone can help me with this issue - it's driving me NUTS!!!

I've connected the FDM DUO to the DUO-ART exactly as shown in the owners manual. I'll attach a photo to show the connections. I'm using Antenna-1 on the radio AND on the amp (there's a G5RV connected, hence the "G5" label on one of the coax leads).

When I am in "FDM DUO INTERFACE" I get no signal and no audio (or it is extremely muted). If I choose "GENERIC INTERFACE" i get full signal and full audio.

Is there a setting that I'm missing??

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Tom M7MCQ

Thomas McQuiggan <m7mcqio83ro@...>

PAUL JONES (Head if Technical Support for ELAD) contacted me and suggested the problem is more than likely caused by the FDM DUO firmware not being up to date. I’ll update it in the morning and report back 😊

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN <dk3qn@...>

Tom,

You keep going complaining here and you've got lots of advice from fellow hams in this forum
re. their suggestions in order to locate the root cause.

BUT you (almost) never respond to these suggestions and whether you have followed-up on
these and what the result finally was.

IMHO, reading and dealing with your posts here is just a pure waste of time. Sorry to say!

Sort it out with ELAD directly. IF something is wrong with your particular unit, they are the
ones who have the deepest knowledge about what might be wrong with your particular unit.

Klaus, DK3QN

Am 09.11.2019 um 23:46 schrieb Thomas McQuiggan:

PAUL JONES (Head if Technical Support for ELAD) contacted me and suggested the problem is more than likely caused by the FDM DUO firmware not being up to date. I’ll update it in the morning and report back 😊

Paul NN4F

Thomas,

I was just wondering where you have the cable connected to that is plugged into the headphone socket?

Oh, and I’m not the head of technical support, just a mere support minion… 😉

--

Paul Jones - Elad Sales & Technical Support (USA)

FDM-Duo, Duo-Art, FDM-DUOR,  FDM-S3, FDM-S2, FDM-S2, FDM-SW2, T-Mate

Visit http://www.eladit.com for the full range of Elad Products

Email Support Group - https://groups.io/g/EladSDR

Work Email: support@...
Home Email: Paul@...

PAUL JONES (Head if Technical Support for ELAD) contacted me and suggested the problem is more than likely caused by the FDM DUO firmware not being up to date. I’ll update it in the morning and report back 😊

KF4VAR

Edited

Jeez......after seeing the photos now I want a red one...........that is just sharp!!!!!
Regards & 73
Carr KF4VAR