Topics

BLUETOOTH MODULE????

m7mcqio83ro@...

Hi all, new owner here. I believe you can purchase a BlueTooth module to permit a wireless connection between rig and an Android tablet or phone, but I can't find such a BT Module advertised anywhere (and I don't want to build a kit).

Any ideas? (Links and product names/codes would be good).

Many thanks and kind regards,

Tom - UK -  M7MCQ

Alan

Hi all, new owner here. I believe you can purchase a BlueTooth module to permit a wireless connection between rig and an Android tablet or phone, but I can't find such a BT Module advertised anywhere (and I don't want to build a kit).

Tom,

I recently followed this https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/message/15466
I do not know if there is actually anything else available.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

KF4VAR

Might not be a bad idea to pin this somewhere. I dont have the Duo (yet) but its the next rig. I have loaded the BlueDuo  app on my tablet and it looks great. I was curious about whether the Duo had a BT chip built into it.
Thanks to both Alan and Tom for this
Regards &73
Carr KF4VAR

m7mcqio83ro@...

Thanks Alan, I've seen that, but like I said, I don't really want to be building kits or programming a HC05 through terminal software.

It's hard to believe no one (not least of all Elad) has produced a nice plug-in device. Surely it would be a good seller?

73 Tom M7MCQ

Alan G4ZFQ

I recently followed this https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/message/15466
I do not know if there is actually anything else available.
I include a few notes I made while doing this. I exceeded Paul's 30 minutes several times over, I found a few differences.
Using Google Translate on the Italian page helped. In zip attachment.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

The notes:-
### Denotes the parts most relevant to me.

Setting up the BlueDUO adaptor and app with a Windows computer and USB to TTL adaptor.

###
HC-05 Bluetooth from Ebay like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HC-05-HC-06-Wireless-Bluetooth-RF-Transceiver-Module-RS232-TTL-Base-Board-CF/273428844365?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=572813129912&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 This has a push button next to the "EN" pin. Other modules may need a different way of getting into programming mode.

###
USB to TTL adaptor like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-5-10PCS-6Pin-USB-2-0-to-TTL-UART-Serial-Converter-CP2102STC-Replace-Ft232M95/291907298386?hash=item43f707e452:m:m1GWCLRehQxQtme92OrkcQA

###
HC-05 Notes selected from https://www.gme.cz/data/attachments/dsh.772-148.2.pdf and my additions.

AT mode allows you to interrogate the BT module and to change some of the settings; things like the name, the baud rate, whether or not it operates in slave mode or master mode. When used as a master device AT commands allow you to connect to other Bluetooth slave devices. There are many slightly different HC-05 modules, the modules I have are marked ZS-040 and have an EN pin rather than a KEY pin. They also have a small button switch just above the EN pin. They are based on the EGBT-045MS Bluetooth module.

STATE - HIGH when module is connected; ·RXD - data input pin; ·TXD - data output pin; ·GND - ground pin; ·VCC - power input pin; ·EN - Unknown pin. It should be connected to pin 34 of EGBT-045MS Bluetooth module, but it seems it doesn't work in preferred way;

To activate AT mode on the HC-05 zs-040 modules we can: –
1. Hold the small button switch closed while powering on the module. –
2. Set pin 34 HIGH (3.3v) when power on. –
3. Close the small push button switch after the HC-05 is powered. –
4. Pull pin 34 HIGH after powering the HC-05.

###
Method 1. Enters AT mode with the built in AT mode baud rate of 38400. The baud rate cannot be changed by the user. This method allows the module to enter AT mode on start but but does not keep pin 34 HIGH and uses the “mini” AT mode.
PRESS BUTTON WHEN SENDING COMMANDS

Method 2. Enters AT mode with the built in AT mode baud rate of 38400. The baud rate cannot be changed by the user.
If you keep pin 34 HIGH you will enable the “full” AT mode which allows all AT commands to be used. If you let pin 34 return LOW after power on then “mini” AT mode will be enabled.

Method 1 and 2 are good in that you know the baud rate – it will always be 38400. This could be useful if you have modules other people have used or if you forget what communication mode baud rate you have previously set.

###
Entering AT Mode
Method 1. Use the button switch The small push button switch, when closed, connects pin 34 to vcc which allows you to enter AT mode. Close the button switch when powering on the module and you enter AT mode using 38400 baud rate. Once on you can release the button switch, however, releasing the button switch puts the module in to a mini AT mode and some commands will not work. Commands such as AT+NAME?, AT+INQ, AT+RNAME? only work when pin 34 is HIGH. As soon as you release the button switch pin 34 returns LOW. If you want access to the extended commands you can simply close the switch just before issuing the AT command and release the button switch after the command has been sent.

###
I had set up 'termite' to use COMX, 38400, 8/N/1 append CR+LF.
https://iu8cri.wordpress.com/2018/01/16/blueduo-telecomando-wireless-touch-screen-elad-fdm-duo/ ###See zip
The article above states the following commands should be entered for the HC05;

### Below a copy of my tests with errors I made. No need for some of them "1234" was a difference.
First check:- name was HC-05
AT+ORGL
AT+ORGL Default state=:Slave mode, pin code :1234, device name: H-C-2010-06-01 ,Baud 38400bits/s
AT+NAME=BLUEDUO
AT+PSWD=1234
AT+UART=115200,0,0

AT+NAME?
+NAME:H-C-2010-06-01
OK
AT+NAME=BLUEDUO
OK
AT+PSWD=1234
ERROR:(1D)
AT+PSWD="1234"
OK
AT+PSWD?
+PIN:"1234"
OK
AT+NAME?
+NAME:BLUEDUO
OK
AT+UART=115200,0,0
OK
AT+UART?
+UART:115200,0,0
OK

Each time you enter a command, the Bluetooth modem should respond with "OK". It is important to use only uppercase commands / etc else it wont work. Once done, wire up the module to a DB9 connector as per the diagram on the above site (reproduced below);
HC05toCOM.jpg
### I suggest a flexible cable rather than directly connecting to plug.

An Android phone was paired to the BLUEDUO device, and the software downloaded and run. Go to Bluetooth settings on the Android and pair.
###
The app. is not on Google Play but is stand-alone. Download the latest from the Elad site. http://sdr.eladit.com/BLUEDUO/index.php?lang=EN BlueDuo-0.23-2019-01-04.apk or later is what you need. Click on that to install, you will probably need to permit installation in your Android's security setup. Mine did not create a shortcut so I had to do that manually.

Highly recommended to play with, it gives you easy access to a lot of functions and of course a waterfall display around your tuning frequency.

Soundwire PC/App WiFi audio.

Mike Penkas

There is a very simple solution to programming  the HC05 module with a windows based program.  Search my callingn in the ELAD.io group and there is a message I posted last year with the still active link to the ZIP file.
Mike. WA8EBM

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.