Topics

3 year old FDM Duo, any different from current radio hardware wise?

KF4VAR

I have been reading here learning about the Elad FDM Duo and  the other Elad products. I am considering purchase of a 3 year old FDM Duo and am curious about whether the hardware is any different than the current model. Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Also- from what I have read here the Elad community is great. I have learned  a lot about the products. For that many thanks to you all.

Regards & 73
Carr
KF4VAR

antennacrafter

Carr,

I spoke to Franco at the Dayton Hamvention and asked that exact question. His reply was NO change at all to the circuit, however a few components have changed, but did not require any PCB changes, if that makes sense.

73

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 12:36 PM <carrmccormackiii@...> wrote:
I have been reading here learning about the Elad FDM Duo and  the other Elad products. I am considering purchase of a 3 year old FDM Duo and am curious about whether the hardware is any different than the current model. Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Also- from what I have read here the Elad community is great. I have learned  a lot about the products. For that many thanks to you all.

Regards & 73
Carr
KF4VAR

KF4VAR

antennacrafter

Thanks very much for the interest and reply.  I wonder what the components were and if  it made any appreciable difference in performance or reliability?

Regards & 73

antennacrafter

I couldn't really get that out of him, but may have been because of the language barrier. My impression was that there wasn't a noticeable difference, perhaps part costs or availability but I can't say for sure.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019, 1:10 PM <carrmccormackiii@...> wrote:
antennacrafter

Thanks very much for the interest and reply.  I wonder what the components were and if  it made any appreciable difference in performance or reliability?

Regards & 73

KF4VAR

Thanks very much for sharing this.
Regards & 73

Patrick Bouldin KM5L

My radio is 3-4 year old and works as good as the day I bought it.

KF4VAR

Hi Patrick

Thanks very much for this.
Regards & 73